AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
murphy
murphy
@murphy
Member
Joined: April 15, 2015 2:28 pm
Last seen: September 29, 2026 6:54 pm
Topics: 37 / Replies: 921
Reply
RE: Seeking licensure advice

Before you proceed, be sure that there are no other technicalities that would prevent you from qualifying.?ÿ?ÿ I disagree with the survey specific B....

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Electronic Recording

@jph The story I was told was that mylar doesn't stretch as much as paper, making it a better choice when checking an illegible or incorrectly labele...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Calculated or As Set, Which Do You Use On Your Plat?

@holy-cow No one is worried about the 0.01'.?ÿ That is not the point.?ÿ This has nothing to do with expert measurements.?ÿ It is about evidence and t...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Calculated or As Set, Which Do You Use On Your Plat?

@jph So what would you do in the example of the same lot having 999.9' measurement (record = 1000') and a 20.1' measurement on the sidewalk (record =...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Calculated or As Set, Which Do You Use On Your Plat?

Another problem with holding record is that it is inconsistently applied.?ÿ If a PLS is surveying a 200 acre parcel and one of the boundaries measures...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Calculated or As Set, Which Do You Use On Your Plat?

@jph I read all of your post.?ÿ?ÿI'm sorry if I have offended you, it was not my intent.?ÿ I drive about 30,000 miles in the course of a year and it ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Calculated or As Set, Which Do You Use On Your Plat?

@holy-cow I understand your greater point, but I would consider your example to be ripening acquiescence where I survey.?ÿ It's easier for us in the ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Calculated or As Set, Which Do You Use On Your Plat?

@jph Attorney: So, JPH, I've been reviewing your plat of the Blackstone estate.?ÿ What strikes me about it, and it is a very beautiful plat a real wo...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Calculated or As Set, Which Do You Use On Your Plat?

@norman-oklahoma The public is safeguarded by honest and transparent work.?ÿ It is not in any way clear that randomly keeping record distances is saf...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Calculated or As Set, Which Do You Use On Your Plat?

@holy-cow True, but where do you draw the line??ÿ What if all the existing corners are within your rule-of-thumb (that I doubt you make any mention o...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Calculated or As Set, Which Do You Use On Your Plat?

@jph ?ÿ "Do you treat your own plats the same way?" I haven't yet, but I will.?ÿ I don't think it does much to increase or decrease the confidence ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Calculated or As Set, Which Do You Use On Your Plat?

It would appear that it is our assumptions of the layperson's ability to understand our plat that dictates whether we show our measurements or whether...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Calculated or As Set, Which Do You Use On Your Plat?

@holy-cow I still don't understand why you can't simply add, "Being the same parcel as described in Deed Book 2 at Page 5", after an updated descript...

6 years ago
Topic
Reply
RE: Legends

I purge unused symbols.?ÿ Feedback from laymen has convinced me that it's a bigger deal to them than it is to me.?ÿ I consider it another version of k...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: YouTube

@bill93 I knew a PLS in NH that did excellent work surveying White Mountains NF.?ÿ He'd use a green riser like that but they were set more solidly.?ÿ...

6 years ago
Reply
Reply
RE: What is best LiDAR Drone? Anyone used the Zenmuse L1?

If you plan on doing work on Fed sites or infrastructure inspection make sure you follow the developing DoD blacklisting of DJI.?ÿ As I understand it,...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: bad architectural plans

We just got a set of architectural plans for a proposed hotel in a hoity toity mountain town.?ÿ Evidently, the architect had never heard of building s...

6 years ago
Page 31 / 48