AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
murphy
murphy
@murphy
Member
Joined: April 15, 2015 2:28 pm
Last seen: September 29, 2026 6:54 pm
Topics: 37 / Replies: 921
Reply
RE: Rising Cost of Doing Business

@bstrand That's one way to look at it.?ÿ Here is another: The right of privacy does not need to be explained or defended (yet) in the USA.?ÿ My clie...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Rising Cost of Doing Business

@dmyhill:?ÿ"I tell my clients that they pay me, but I work for the cadaster. I make decisions without regard to feelings and without regard to whom is...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Rising Cost of Doing Business

@bstrand Better yet, if you live in a non recording state, be aware that mandatory recording is not a panacea.?ÿ If your state tries to adopt mandato...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Rising Cost of Doing Business

@aliquot That is one possibility.?ÿ Others could be the exact location of access easements, springheads, acreage, or my favorite, just because they w...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Rising Cost of Doing Business

A secondary reason that I object to mandated recording concerns the rights of my clients to privacy.?ÿ It doesn't happen often, but occasionally I wil...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Rising Cost of Doing Business

@rover83 Municipalities generate a list of requirements that must be met prior to receiving a signature from the review officer.?ÿ The items on this ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Adverse Possession/Squatting by renters

Tenants have no rights to the land, they simply represent open and notorious, continuous, and hostile use.?ÿ Landowner has a case for AP.?ÿ If I were ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: And now in THIS corner......GIS takes another stab at lowering the bar II (Not click bait...)

@protracted That's a great point about the well-intentioned causing harm too.?ÿ If I tattle, it likely be because of the this.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: And now in THIS corner......GIS takes another stab at lowering the bar II (Not click bait...)

I have no problems with GIS techs or GISPs until they start locating utility assets.?ÿ I can't stomach turning someone in for anything less than ill i...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Rising Cost of Doing Business

@aliquot I agree that a recorded plat provides more and better information.?ÿ I just don't believe the value of a recorded plat is greater than that ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Rising Cost of Doing Business

This is a recording vs non recording issue because in a non recording state a PLS can still provide a valuable service to his client with or without t...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Rising Cost of Doing Business

@holy-cow Perhaps we should mandate reading comprehension. Strawman arguments are amusing but not very useful. Mandatory recording of plats did not ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Rising Cost of Doing Business

Take note, if you work in a non recording state.?ÿ Mandated recording should be fought wherever it rears its ugly head.?ÿ Like many things, it appear...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Deformed bars as property corners

I will use age-of-bar evidence as proof that a found corner is not the original, but I wonƒ??t use it as proof that Iƒ??ve found the original.?ÿ A ye...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Odd things you see

@dougie I said the same thing to myself on Friday when I landed a 150ac retracement survey in the Blue Ridge Mountains.?ÿ All eight tracts had ancien...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Transferring LSIT to Another State

When you decide where you are going, be sure to study their application process.?ÿ Education history or the lack thereof could be a sticking point.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: You can't set anything

Did you ask the adjoiner why he didn't want it set? I'm sure there's more to the story, but it seems odd to me that you view the math as immutable an...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: GIS

@aliquot It's also a good to remember that planning is a thankless job.?ÿ The first PLS I worked for couldn't deal with planners as he focused only w...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: I'm Glad We Cleared That Up

NC requires chord bearing and distance so I add it below R and L.?ÿ In the Boone, NC area it seemed as though PLSs discovered horizontal curves in the...

6 years ago
Page 29 / 48