AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
murphy
murphy
@murphy
Member
Joined: April 15, 2015 2:28 pm
Last seen: September 29, 2026 6:54 pm
Topics: 37 / Replies: 921
Reply
RE: Feet

I go with the lightest boot possible, with the lowest rise from the ball to heel.?ÿ I'm not aware of any good zero rise options for boots that are mea...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Bad rod heights

You just have to find what works for you.?ÿ I need the ability to use all increments of the rod in my work so all the way up or down isn't a good opti...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Ideal Monitor Size for duals

I run twin 32s with a 17" laptop.?ÿ I work from home on Fridays with just my laptop and can't say it bothers me much, but I don't do much drafting any...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying not a profession?

@rover83?ÿ You're right, I just got to what I thought was the syllabus, but I stand corrected.?ÿ It was not my intent to mislead, I appreciate the pu...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Best Practices on Identifying Monitoring Points for a Large Concrete Silo

I would scan it, create virtual monitoring points from the processed scan, and then stake out the calculated points and shoot them reflectorless.?ÿ It...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying not a profession?

It would only seem absurd if you haven't been to a college of education in the past ten years.?ÿ The copy and past below was taken directly from Yale'...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Tick record

I've never had more than a dozen or so attached to me at the end of the day.?ÿ I've had what seemed like hundreds crawling up my legs. My four year o...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Boundary disputes

Equal area exchanges have helped me keep people out of court numerous times.?ÿ I don't exactly enjoy boundary disputes, but I can't pass on them and t...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying not a profession?

@edward-reading?ÿ Generally speaking, ABET accredited engineering/geomatics program lean much heavier on math than law.?ÿ Once the accreditation is c...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Defintions

@fairbanksls?ÿ Yes, and the pipe in its shadow.?ÿ This was in the Blue Ridge Mountains near aptly named Zionville, NC.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Defintions

It depends on what year and where the word was used.?ÿ I had a bear of a time figuring out what a zill or zil apple was.?ÿ Google didn't help nor did ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveyor Job Function and Salary Prospects (USA)

I'm licensed in three Colonial states and have found almost no overlap in the exams excepting drainage questions. The tests have dealt almost exclusiv...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: What people do when...

My understanding is that this case has been a long time coming.?ÿ The checkerboarding of public and private sections in some western states creates ac...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Tennessee State Specific Exam

I would say that anyone taking the exam should study the materials I mentioned as well as general zoning, USACE, and TNEC. I'm impressed with TN's la...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Tennessee State Specific Exam

I passed with an 87% score.?ÿ If PSI testing facilities hadn't instantly provided the score I would have guessed that I was within one question of the...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Billing the value

Larry Phipps wrote about value pricing but I found Dan Beardslee's opinion that our real product is liability insurance to be more persuasive.?ÿ?ÿ Fi...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Billing the value

I've recently gone to a hybrid, where I do as?ÿKevin Hines mentions, a lump sum based on labor rates with profit built-in, then I add a note that I ma...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying without a license?

Gambling is legal in many states.?ÿ If the value of the improvement is less than the cost to get it surveyed, maybe it's a good gamble??ÿ My question,...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Tennessee State Specific Exam

@ghgrounds?ÿ I had to postpone it until May 17th.?ÿ I'll let you know.?ÿ?ÿ I wish I had more information regarding contracts in TN. ?ÿ

4 years ago
Page 21 / 48