AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
murphy
murphy
@murphy
Member
Joined: April 15, 2015 2:28 pm
Last seen: September 29, 2026 6:54 pm
Topics: 37 / Replies: 921
Reply
RE: memory problem

Pay them until you decide to fire them.?ÿ I've never had much luck changing individuals, so I tend to work with them unless it becomes unprofitable to...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Maps with "Lines Not Surveyed"

If my survey takes me far off the subject tract, I'll dash (line not surveyed line-type) the adjoining boundary lines leading to it. I'll label the B&...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Corner Crossing . . .

I doubt the dissenters will be that bold.?ÿ It will look more like what's happening to monk seals in Hawaii.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Corner Crossing . . .

This issue isn't going away anytime soon.?ÿ The wisest action for ranchers and farmers would be to dedicate access to public lands and maintain contro...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: safety in heat

Working in serious heat while drinking water without any salty foods or Gatorade-like drinks isn't good.?ÿ 1. Caffeine works against your body's abil...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: There is a need for a land specialist profession

I worked for a PLS licensed in Maine and New Hampshire who acted in the manner you describe and he was not an outlier.?ÿ At the time, a PLS could take...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Architect wanting to gather and stake own information

Start with right triangles. You need only two inputs, two angles or two lengths or an angle and a length to solve for all lengths and angles of a righ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Ever Do A Cash Discount?

I'm a Bitcoin only shop ???ñ?ÿ ?ÿ

4 years ago
Reply
RE: How best to deal with 'on-line' monuments

Ancillary to this discussion is the topic of expert measurement to make sure you're not the PLS missing the mark by a tenths or feet. Here in the eas...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: How best to deal with 'on-line' monuments

@jph?ÿ You're focusing on the wrong action. The boundary isn't altered because a surveyor missed his mark or was sloppy, it's altered because adjoine...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: How best to deal with 'on-line' monuments

@chris-bouffard?ÿ The words in a deed are there to point us to the boundary.?ÿ I attempt to find the boundary as established by the actions of humans...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: How best to deal with 'on-line' monuments

@tfdoubleyou?ÿ I don't have a cookie cutter approach.?ÿ In your specific example, I'd likely show it as a straight line if the monuments were what I ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: How best to deal with 'on-line' monuments

I don't worship math and actively fight the human tendency to be attracted to symmetry.?ÿ I don't care about the line being perfectly straight, I care...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Construction Plans in Color

I'm a believer and have been proselytizing for this since I started drafting.?ÿ?ÿ

4 years ago
Reply
RE: The Dude With 9 Lives

Last week we had a SUE crew punching holes with a vac truck in what they thought was a decent area.?ÿ They started hearing what they thought were fire...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Setting "In-Line" iron stakes

This is where those gray areas of NC trespass law come into play.?ÿ I would set #5 rebar on at least a 0.068ft offset of the boundary and label it in ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: GNSS / TS boundary survey

@holy-cow?ÿ It might have something to do with the fact that NC conceived of the concept of SPCSs. Also, you don't have to do it if there's no NCGS m...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Another example of a dream turned into a nightmare

Since we've been hitting the problems-with-surveyors theme lately, let's add that the best surveyors run from the areas in greatest need of profession...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson Brx7 or Topcon HiPer VR?

I haven't spoken to anyone who uses a Topcon HiPer VR but I have a friend who is extremely happy with his BRx7.?ÿ He's in the Blue Ridge Mountains and...

4 years ago
Page 20 / 48