AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
murphy
murphy
@murphy
Member
Joined: April 15, 2015 2:28 pm
Last seen: September 29, 2026 6:54 pm
Topics: 37 / Replies: 921
Reply
RE: pinning for masonry

The small rotary hammer drills with quick release head and tapcons set flush is the best for the mason, is efficient, and you never have to worry abou...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Another head scratcher

I thought about writing a long preamble attesting to the fact that I don't know you at all and am only going by the words you've written in this threa...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Another head scratcher

@thebionicman?ÿ I never suggested we should ignore it or not spend large amounts of time trying to understand it.?ÿ I'm only saying that there has ne...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Another head scratcher

@michigan-left?ÿ I can understand how you've arrived at your interpretation of a surveyor's role.?ÿ It is certainly reasonable that a PLS should conc...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Another head scratcher

This is an excellent reminder of how different things are between our practice areas. I'm researching a boundary in the coastal plains of NC that pro...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Least Squares in Civil 3D

@beuckie?ÿ Not all field personnel have the same skill level as you. I'd be fine with you running a DC adjustment on a one off project that you took...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Least Squares in Civil 3D

When I purchased Star*Net, my thoughts were on the adjustment aspect.?ÿ At that time, I didn't have control of the equipment or methods of all field c...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Your ideal course requirements for a surveying degree?

How best to educate??ÿ Certainly a difficult question that has the potential to tread into difficult, and perhaps unpleasant, waters.?ÿ Should the siz...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Your ideal course requirements for a surveying degree?

Elementary Surveying: An Introduction to Geomatics, is timeless and can be taught in a procession of classes.?ÿ?ÿ My professor had us sign out his as...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: GNSS/WAAS User from Georgia

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking, but it sounds like you are looking for a way to assess true accuracy.?ÿ Explore the National Geodetic Su...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Differences in measurement

I like to see the actual measurements as apposed to to just rounding up or down to the record measurement.?ÿ I don't have any difficulty understanding...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Ridiculous questions that make me question the ....

@fairbanksls?ÿ That's exactly what happened to me.?ÿ I looked at deed calls to a cucumber tree, then to a lynnwood and just scratched my head. I kno...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Ridiculous questions that make me question the ....

I never realized surveying was so bad.?ÿ I can remember grading potatoes and thinking that was a drag.?ÿ Piling 4ft pulp wood with a birch hook wasn't...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Ridiculous questions that make me question the ....

If I have to learn about the PLSS you Westerners absolutely need to learn about compound leaves, leaflets, opposite vs alternate, etc..?ÿ I took a for...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Hypothetical

@lurker?ÿ The surveyor isn't creating anything, the road is already there, the plat provides intent, the actions of the humans, the only thing that a...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Hypothetical

Mark Mayer has the answer I'd run with. It provides a reasonable justification for solving a problem instead of turning neighbors against one another....

4 years ago
Reply
RE: NGS Benchmarks versus OPUS derived Elevations

NC Flood Inundation Mapping (FIMAN) Quality mapping saves lives, saves money, draws businesses, and in general make it easier to make good decisions....

4 years ago
Reply
RE: New Survey Rule

Two thumbs up on 19 Thermidor CCXXX

4 years ago
Reply
RE: memory problem

I few years ago I read that Sir Richard Branson of Virgin this-and-that, modified his benefits program to allow unlimited paid vacation for upper mana...

4 years ago
Page 19 / 48