AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
MightyMoe
MightyMoe
@mightymoe
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: September 22, 2010 9:13 am
Last seen: October 10, 2026 1:50 pm
Topics: 1006 / Replies: 9703
Reply
RE: Unsurveyed

@peter-lothian yes, exactly

8 months ago
Reply
RE: Unsurveyed

@peter-lothian I hear you. I was tempted to tilt at that windmill. However, each resubmission can extend the approval by 3 months, it's not wort...

8 months ago
Topic
8 months ago
Replies: 7
Views: 2190
Topic
Replies: 9
Views: 2118
Reply
RE: Dangerous Contract Language

You can often make more money by turning down work than taking it. Imagine you're working as a surveyor on that tilting building in NYC with that lang...

9 months ago
Reply
RE: This listing for Trimble R980 is stolen

The cost of 8k is way under a fully enabled R980. However, I was told by a Trimble rep a few years ago that the cheap 980s are not enabled to do what ...

9 months ago
Reply
RE: good morning!

Not there for me, maybe when I blocked it long ago my block is still working.

9 months ago
Reply
RE: good morning!

There is? I don't see it.

9 months ago
Reply
RE: Why not Metric??

The entire cadastre of the US is in feet (rods, perch, chains, ect. being units of feet) and to switch is a more difficult task than I first thought. ...

9 months ago
Reply
RE: Why not Metric??

I used metric at the beginning of my surveying career. I would measure all control in feet, switch to the metric option on the distance meter and reme...

9 months ago
Reply
RE: GNSS transformation: significant differences between Trimble Access and STAR*NET

You must be sure you're comparing apples to apples throughout the entire process. The exact datum, the exact controlling coordinates for each program....

9 months ago
Reply
RE: Field survey with combined factor

UTM is listed in the Datum reference on the plat, I very much doubt that there is a way to use ITRF or other Datums with the OP's knowledge of the DC....

9 months ago
Reply
RE: Field survey with combined factor

I can't quite make out the information on the shown plat. I think you're in BC and the Datum is UTM in Zone 10 which makes sense for BC. They show a...

9 months ago
Reply
9 months ago
Reply
RE: Civil Engineer: Importance and effect of Survey Data, Coordinate systems, and Civil 3D Topo

If you use no projection, no datum, then available canned photography and some other easily connected data sources usable for AutoCAD can't be accesse...

10 months ago
Reply
RE: Civil Engineer: Importance and effect of Survey Data, Coordinate systems, and Civil 3D Topo

.07' in 1000' is 70ppm. I dream of that kind of accuracy. 800ppm Is more likely here than 70ppm within a state coordinate system. Normally it floats b...

10 months ago
Reply
RE: When Do Spreadsheets Stop Working?

All our administrative processes are done with Xcel. From timesheets, billing, filing, even super simple ones like bidding. If your spreadsheets ar...

10 months ago
Reply
RE: Business Student asking: Why is tracking field crew costs so hard?

Field time is the most productive of all surveying time. Frankly, I don't understand how this became a question.

10 months ago
Reply
RE: Business Student asking: Why is tracking field crew costs so hard?

Do you really mean predicting field crew time? Tracking it isn't difficult. I don't know what "firms" you're discussing this with, but my experi...

10 months ago
Page 17 / 536