AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
MightyMoe
MightyMoe
@mightymoe
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: September 22, 2010 9:13 am
Last seen: October 10, 2026 1:50 pm
Topics: 1006 / Replies: 9703
Reply
RE: Storm

Looking for 60mph winds tomorrow, rain and snow; getting field work done today. The space stuff isn't going to mess with us, we will be inside.

10 months ago
Topic
10 months ago
Replies: 19
Views: 2242
Reply
RE: AI "helper"

I don't think AI is intelligent. The mistakes that pop up when it's activated leave me wondering if it's more of a troll generator than anything else.

10 months ago
Topic
10 months ago
Replies: 7
Views: 1968
Topic
10 months ago
Replies: 0
Views: 1660
Reply
RE: What's with architects and non-radial curves?

The problem I've run into with these "plans" are the violations of ADA and other codes and requirements. Be careful taking on re-design of these pictu...

10 months ago
Reply
RE: What's with architects and non-radial curves?

Landscape Architects. Also Know As: hand it to the surveyor to be fixed

10 months ago
Reply
RE: Linear Regression with Ordinary Least Squares

@summerprophet An important issue to consider with ROW's from the early 1900's era and before is the basis of bearings which may not be stated but ...

10 months ago
Reply
RE: Comparing two surveys

I haven't spent time looking at this thread, but I took a quick look at the diagram, it's clear that the issue is with point 3102. You don't need an a...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: Time and Entropy are undefeated

There is a township corner. In 1979 I went with a helper and set a brass cap for it. Then in the mid 1990's we had a boundary and located it again. It...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: Time and Entropy are undefeated

GPS is changing my expectations. We keep returning to old monuments and seeing 1cm or less. We check DOT control and see 1/2cm or less. We are also fi...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: Tersus Oscar Trek

Here's where I got mine: I have the LUKA and pair it with Trimble base. I don't know anything much about their software as I download it into TBC...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: Time and Entropy are undefeated

PC located the E1/4, the N1/16 on the east Section, and the CN1/16. The E1/4 was .02' from the calculated position using new tweaked 2011 coordinates,...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: Time and Entropy are undefeated

A long time ago we would pick a NGS monument to fix with state plane then create a scale factor between it and the nearest NGS monument that would cor...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: Time and Entropy are undefeated

Yes, they multiply grid coordinates by the project scale factor to produce surface coordinates. These of course aren't calculated for each point, a pr...

11 months ago
Topic
Replies: 16
Views: 1772
Reply
RE: Best fit property boundaries

Standard findings for every retracement of an old deed. If I find one without gaps created by only the metes, it will be the first one.  

11 months ago
Reply
RE: How to determine grid coordinate of parcel map?

Those plats are from 1982 and earlier. There isn't any chance they would have an NAD83 coordinate shown. If they did show a coordinate it would be an ...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: How to determine grid coordinate of parcel map?

The way to do it is thus: Go to the field and survey the points with either instruments tied to a known Geographic point or with GPS. If you want to...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: How to determine grid coordinate of parcel map?

The coordinate calculation sheet was from 1968. The survey plat is 1996. Are you wanting to use NAD27 coordinate values?  

11 months ago
Page 18 / 536