AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
MightyMoe
MightyMoe
@mightymoe
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: September 22, 2010 9:13 am
Last seen: October 10, 2026 1:08 pm
Topics: 1006 / Replies: 9703
Reply
RE: Another Static check

@rankin_file I hear ya. We upgraded for one reason. Drones. Seemed it was a better (cheaper) option to add drones to our new license purchase. ...

42 minutes ago
Reply
RE: Another Static check

@john-hamilton Version 2026.10 - 6/1/2026 We updated all computers to this version. I don't have access to older ones, so I can't check if it was...

22 hours ago
Reply
RE: Another Static check

@john-hamilton I'm uploading through TBC.

23 hours ago
Reply
RE: Another Static check

@john-hamilton I've not seen .05m between OPUS Nad83 and RTX Nad83 when they process the same baseline. I don't look it as coordinates but I wil...

1 day ago
Reply
RE: State Plane Subdivision

@gary_g You can get above the ground if you force the surface beyond the zone limits. I've seen some extreme examples of this. One company I worked...

1 day ago
Reply
RE: State Plane Subdivision

@lurker I get that, if the local state plane was used to set out the points, the ground distances would be longer. You're reporting that they are s...

2 days ago
Reply
RE: State Plane Subdivision

@lurker How are the bearings, in a TM zone, you would need to be a long way east or west of the zone limits to see the surface that far above the g...

2 days ago
Reply
RE: State Plane Subdivision

@lurker I'm just guessing; they probably imputed the scale factor reversed. That implies that the calculation program was reversed also. But to get...

2 days ago
Reply
RE: State Plane Subdivision

@norman-oklahoma Is there a zone in the US where the SP surface is 6000' above the ground?

2 days ago
Reply
RE: State Plane Subdivision

@lurker Isn't that backwards? They did an inverse of state plane? If the coordinates for staking were calculated in a state plane file, using 2000...

2 days ago
Reply
RE: State Plane Subdivision

@holy-cow They came up with a new rule that the roof overhang, shingles, even the gutters can't overhang into a utility easement. So that pushes ma...

3 days ago
Reply
RE: State Plane Subdivision

The good thing is that all the laid out monumentation and presumably areas are larger than record. This assumes that no adjustments are applied to the...

3 days ago
Reply
RE: State Plane Subdivision

When I would see state plane show up on surveys it was almost always a coal mine, or a big government project. No one else did it. Then GPS came al...

3 days ago
Reply
RE: Why? Too long. Too Short

@holy-cow I've never encountered the mythical 60.00' ROW. I have on very rare occasions prorated across blocks and used the "King gets his" BS to p...

3 days ago
Reply
RE: OPUS Weirdness with Ortho Hgts

Sometimes when the data talks to you; you should probably listen to it.

3 days ago
Reply
Reply
RE: OPUS Weirdness with Ortho Hgts

4 hours is an old time recommendation. Depending on the distance to control; anything under 30 miles away wouldn't require 4 hours, I would be more in...

4 days ago
Reply
RE: Another Static check

@olemanriver We've called the service PPP that allows real time "accurate" positions. Accurate is doing a big lift using it when we tested it again...

4 days ago
Reply
RE: Another Static check

@olemanriver We only use it for static reductions. We don't use OPUS for much of anything but checking lat, long values. OPUS has been iffy for ver...

4 days ago
Reply
RE: Another Static check

@olemanriver Yes the job is set up in NAD83, have you used RTX with the newest version of TBC?

4 days ago
Page 1 / 536