AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
mathteacher
mathteacher
@mathteacher
Member
Joined: June 15, 2013 9:58 am
Last seen: September 24, 2026 2:51 pm
Topics: 158 / Replies: 2104
Reply
RE: Are eastings/northings values or lines?

@thebionicman I beg to differ. The Cartesian coordinate system was first presented by Rene Descartes in 1637. In the coordinate pair (x, y), the val...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Are eastings/northings values or lines?

I'm not sure of the purpose your project is intended to serve, but that's a good first draft. Here are two thoughts: An easting/northing is the pl...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Whew, I feel like Murtaugh from the Lethal Weapon movies.

We're dealing with Canadian smoke here. The North Central part of the state was code red on Wednesday and Thursday, orange today. I've had nose bleed...

3 years ago
Topic
Replies: 0
Views: 473
Topic
Replies: 11
Views: 1222
Reply
RE: Where am I?

@brad-ott Nice route. I77 through WV provides graphic evidence of multipath on the car gps. We were on the Southern coast two weeks ago. Small craf...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Where am I?

Let's see. Indiana to Crystal Coast. I would use I64, I77, I40 and maybe US 264. That would go near Farmville and a stop at McDavid Associates. HC lik...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Wanted: WMS servers with authentication

Try GeoServer, MapServer, and MapProxy.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: NAD83(2011)

@oldpacer I wonder about volcanic eruptions. It could be argued that magma stays earthbound, but there's a heckuva lot of water vapor and gases bein...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Device to find azimuth of antenna face

@brad-ott It ain't there yet, but it's on its way.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Device to find azimuth of antenna face

On the other hand, judging by this question from the FS practice exam, AI is not ready to take anyone's job: For a symmetrical 400-foot sag ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Device to find azimuth of antenna face

@bill93 Now, Bill, it's easy to scoff at something inhuman but perhaps not wise to dismiss it. After all, not many people are still lugging around ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Device to find azimuth of antenna face

@bill93 This may help: How do I reconcile geodetic north and astronomical north? ChatGPT To reconcile geodeti...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Device to find azimuth of antenna face

@bill93 I don't know what to say, other than my brushes with the celestial sphere in Spherical Trig are consistent with ChatGPT. How that plays with...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Device to find azimuth of antenna face

@lurker Well, my question really required a follow-up: So, is true north geographic north or geodetic north? ChatGPT ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Device to find azimuth of antenna face

@lurker I knew about that pea under your mattress already. I used the term "geographic north" in the question, so I asked ChatGPT about geographic n...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Device to find azimuth of antenna face

Off topic, but I had this exchange with ChatGPT earlier this mornning. It's perception is amazing. You are a fascinating entity. You're not ...

3 years ago
Page 15 / 114