AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
mathteacher
mathteacher
@mathteacher
Member
Joined: June 15, 2013 9:58 am
Last seen: September 24, 2026 2:51 pm
Topics: 158 / Replies: 2104
Reply
RE: Device to find azimuth of antenna face

@lurker Yep. Here's what ChatGPT says about that: Does the term "true north" refer to geographic north or astronomical north? ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: NAD83(2011)

@mightymoe I'd double-like this and many others if I could. Too many to mention; I'd leave somebody out, but everybody who replied or commented on m...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: NAD83(2011)

@mightymoe Moe, with all due respect, please do not ever try to mentor someone. I love you and I respect you more than you'll ever know, but don't m...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: NAD83(2011)

Well yes. If I set up a base on ol' EZ4026, then I want the rover to believe that the coordinates of that point are the NAD83(2007) coordinates, so I ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: How to apply scale factor? Order of works.

What system is LSS transforming your coordinates into?

3 years ago
Reply
RE: NAD83(2011)

@oldpacer It's not easy, is it? That's why I admire you guys, what you know, and the work that you do. Thanks for the help.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: NAD83(2011)

@rover83 OK, so you define the coordinates of a specific point in your preferred datum and the software calculates coordinates relative to that spec...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: NAD83(2011)

@oldpacer, @bill93 OK, so let's replace the nail in pavement with NGS mark EZ4026. If I set the GNSS over that mark, I want it to give me the supers...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: NAD83(2011)

@mightymoe OK, help me better understand. If I drive a nail in pavement and set GNSS over it, it's going to record a Lat/Lon position. From that Lat...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: NAD83(2011)

@norm That's been my experience with GIS. When 2022 parameters for NC were published, I took the WKT string from an Iowa LDP and substituted the NC ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: NAD83(2011)

@mightymoe So, you tell the DC that you want, say, an NAD83(2007) autonomous position and it gives you that? Pretty cool and makes perfect sense. ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: NAD83(2011)

@rover83 Yes, if you punch in 2011 coordinates at the base, that point's location is defined in 2011 datum. If you punch in 1983 coordinates, that p...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: NAD83(2011)

Actually, here is the clarifying question and the ChatGPT answer: Satellites don't know anything about NAD83. What positioning basis do they...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: NAD83(2011)

@bill93 I could ask a clarifying question, but I think that ChatGPT means the ITRF or whatever that the satellites broadcast. The GNSS has the NAD s...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: NAD83(2011)

My new software toy is ChatGPT and it has given me amazingly accurate and concise answers to tricky questions involving ellipsoidal curvature and such...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Device to find azimuth of antenna face

ChapGPT says: Should the azimuth of a radio tower be measured as astronomic or geographic direction? The azimuth of a radio tower is typic...

3 years ago
Topic
Replies: 0
Views: 927
Topic
Replies: 0
Views: 1847
Reply
RE: Practice Finding Nawth

Brunswick County beaches, East to West: Oak Island, Holden Beach, Ocean Isle (home of The GPS Store), and Sunset Beach. You can't go wrong with any of...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Practice Finding Nawth

@mightymoe We've gone to Holden Beach since about 1982 or so. No night life, just houses and families. My kids are in their 50s, and that's where th...

3 years ago
Page 16 / 114