AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
lurker
lurker
@lurker
Member Founder
Joined: December 5, 2014 5:56 pm
Last seen: October 8, 2026 9:55 am
Topics: 11 / Replies: 1167
Reply
RE: Establishing control points for a new site

When it comes to control, a good rule of thumb is if you have to ask questions about how then you should not be creating control. When you no longer h...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: New term

@jerry-attrick It formed in a vinegar cloud so it was rubbery and just bounced.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Delinquent Payments

Don't listen to all of the reasonable posters. Take this delinquent to court and post all of the details on how his argument got trounced so that we m...

5 years ago
Reply
5 years ago
Reply
RE: Deeding Property to yourself

I'm no authority but I would argue anyone can quit claim anything. It does not convey anything it only relinquishes whatever claim they may have had. ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: dirt guys

Chimps Flying Rockets is now a permanent addition to my lexicon.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Dazed and Confused

Regarding scale factors. The scale factor resulting from a calibration of the site when using RTK is nothing more than a "best fit" of the observed to...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Civil 3D Baseline Interval Trick

I feel sorry for the guy who has to stake that. That is so flat water will evaporate long before it ever flows.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Descriptor of the day

I don't mind the bald ones. It's the hairy ones that make me cringe.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: I've Been Waiting For This

Jim, if you have not yet brought up the fact of his dismissal of your services 20 years ago, you are a better man than I. I do not believe I could hav...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: I've Been Waiting For This

@jph I really like that requirement for adverse possession. Since I have a huge distaste for the concept, it pleases me that the taxes requirement mak...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Unusual treatment of ROW on a plat

I'm not sure what you mean by "overriding". Just from the info you have given it appears a 33' ROW on the north side of the road was intended. The fac...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Still learning the same learnings

I might have you beat with around 70 shots on a stop sign. It is not just the backsight you have to worry about.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: deed for street purposes

Why is this even considered a problem? It happens often that fee ownership has a ROW easement over a portion of it. Why does anything need to be "clea...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Triangulation from TS / theodolite data

@david-kendall Google?ÿ Iphone 12 Lidar there's all kinds of information on how to use the lidar scanning function of the phone. It won't help with yo...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Triangulation from TS / theodolite data

The real good software for what you want to accomplish is in the IPhone 12. You can model your whole room in just a matter of minutes. LIDAR

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Digital Leveling - Onboard Average vs. Manual Lowest Reading

@field-dog I assume a digital level reads the coded rod the same way an optical level would. If reading the rod optically when the rod is plumb that i...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: And which is Lot 1?

Easy survey, I hope you didn't charge him much.

5 years ago
Page 49 / 59