Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: October 8, 2026 7:02 am
@field-dog Instead of privacy the bump out/cul-de-sac was likely designed to create extra frontage to the roadway for those lots. Lots 15 and 16 would...
That would be a cross pan and they are in many places here. Willfully designed and not the result of an odd drainage necessity.
@thebionicman OK I totally agree, 2 points with no relationship to the boundary being performed is bad practice and may be subject to board discipline...
@thebionicman I'm confused. By statute we have to use a line monumented at both ends for our basis of bearing. How is that bad practice? Why do you re...
An even more rudimentary solution would be to redo the traverse starting with a long backsight now that you have found the old control.
@flga-2-2 And I thought I was a slow learner.
Sounds different than what I am used to seeing. Typically I don't see ROW over a platted lot, only adjoining a platted lot. So in this instance the RO...
If you are cooking your own catfish be sure to fry the fins like a potato chip. They are rich and very good.
If there are deeds to the county, shouldn't they be of record somewhere? The title company would need to provide those deeds and then in those deeds I...
That is Rolling Hills after a 12 pack.
Just out of curiosity, did you find any reason why the bearings on the North South lines graduate 00-02-00 degrees as you move east to west? It just s...
I would invoke Justice Potter of the supreme court. I can't define a monument but I know it when I see it. In 1964, Justice Potter Stewart tried to e...
@neggs Now I'm sure I understood the question correctly.
Do I understand the question correctly? A guy wants to put a fence up on his own property and you are looking for help to find ways to stop him?
If you are collecting data that your GIS dept. would normally collect, why not purchase the same equipment they use? Then you could have seamless work...
@papathvas If you are staking building columns using GPS you are a braver man than I.
When it comes to control, a good rule of thumb is if you have to ask questions about how then you should not be creating control. When you no longer h...