Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: October 8, 2026 7:02 am
Husker 76 I believe I agree with you but your example is bad and I'm not so sure the guy you are concerned about has made a mistake. Has he proportion...
Do I understand this correctly? There are 3 "portions" that need to be defined. SE corner to 1/4 corner then 1/4 corner to NE corner then NE corner to...
you see poles like that used a lot to mark the edge of the road or other structures near the road so snow plow drivers can navigate without going off ...
Shouldn't it be "Why Every Map of China is Slightly Wong"?
Even if someone found the easement to no longer exist based on the subdivision plat, the utility would win a right to a prescriptive easement. I don't...
It has always been my understanding you had to rely on the plans and the cad was only for convenience. If your staking differed from the IFC plans but...
The opportunities do not get any better than now! Call survey companies in your area, I would bet more than 3 out of 5 would want to hire you. You hav...
@dmyhill Yes if it is off by more than 2 degrees it definitely is an x and not a +. We spend an inordinate amount of time trying to make the judgment....
@peter-lothian It is much easier to distinguish between an x and a + than it is to find pits marked with a charcoal stake or stones buried 3 feet belo...
@dmyhill I guess the same way you know how to add or multiply in a math problem. an x and a + are different in more ways than just orientation. An x d...
Here an X vs + is significant. A + is an offset from the front corners on the property line extended while an X is a point of tangency of the curve in...
Do some research on Sonarmite. We've used it before successfully.
Are you sure it's not a petrified whiskey flask?
that is a quadrilateral triangle.