AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
leegreen
leegreen
@leegreen
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: August 21, 2011 7:32 am
Last seen: September 23, 2026 4:07 pm
Topics: 73 / Replies: 2114
Reply
RE: Map Datum In Canada WGS

Pete,Funny you would post at nearly the same time I was going to post a similar question.I'm using Topcon Magnet in field controller, so I can't help ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Selling a Gps or total sta to non-surveyor?

vern, post: 434902, member: 3436 wrote: Most contractors have better equipment than surveyors anyways. So why not?This is very true. I provide trainin...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Leica GS14 Base to control Topcon Equipped GPS Doser

Interesting. Next week, I am heading to Northeast Ontario, Canada to setup ISS (InSitu Soil Solidification) on a dam near a Gold mine operation.A one ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Leica GS14 Base to control Topcon Equipped GPS Doser

Peter Kozub, post: 434748, member: 375 wrote: LeeThe radios i use are UHF broadcasting message RTCM V3.0 just have to set the right frequency on GPS d...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Leica GS14 Base to control Topcon Equipped GPS Doser

Depends on the radios. If your contactor uses UHF radios, and you do also, then it should work. But if they are using spread spectrum radios, you nee...

9 years ago
Topic
Replies: 6
Views: 646
Reply
RE: Drone Advice

Phantom 4 Pro has only one camera option., it is 20MB with 1" sensor and mechanical shutter. There bare minimum IMO, for 3d mapping.Pretty steep learn...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: COGO program for FS exam?

JBN ARK, post: 433810, member: 11757 wrote: . Pearson center makes you empty all pockets and put all but one calculator in a locker. You can only get ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: COGO program for FS exam?

Mark Flora, post: 433707, member: 12401 wrote: I ended up going with the EasyCogo programming and have roughly half of it entered in currently. It loo...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: COGO program for FS exam?

There you go, like Cordgrass who had option of either type, it's your choice. Use what ever calculator is most comfortable for you.

9 years ago
Reply
RE: COGO program for FS exam?

I recently passed the FS and PS with Madson's programs. The difference of using a programmed calculator is time savings of 1-3 hours per exam. This gi...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: COGO program for FS exam?

Mark Flora, post: 433260, member: 12401 wrote: How is EasyCogo different from Ted Madson's programs? Are they similar as far as how the programs are l...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Stupid question or not

Clients today often confuse a Robotic TS for a GPS. I here this at least once a month. That said I do see a lot of licensed surveyors doing layout fo...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Enabling L5, and Galileo on Topcon GR5?

Yes, contact your Topcon dealer pay $1000 for each and you'll get an OAF.

9 years ago
Reply
RE: COGO program for FS exam?

Mark Flora, post: 432796, member: 12401 wrote: Good to know. Thanks. Mark,I programmed several HP41, HP33, and HP35 with EasyCogo, Dzign and other o...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: L5 and Galileo

As far as know , all of the NYSNET network receivers have been updated for GPS + Glonass to provide GNSS solutions. They continue to make changes ever...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: L5 and Galileo

John Hamilton, post: 432703, member: 640 wrote: Interestingly, Trimble VRSNow does not show the type of receiver under the info tab when you click on ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: sokkia receiver

beuckie, post: 432614, member: 2245 wrote: Topcon rep here said to wait with Galileo, gps and glonass will be sufficient enough for the time being.Tha...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: sokkia receiver

You may be able to use the GCX2 config for both receivers. The only difference is the added constellations BDS and GALILEO.

9 years ago
Reply
RE: sokkia receiver

Dan Patterson, post: 432604, member: 1179 wrote: Ah! I see. It is a $2,650 upgrade to make it into a network rover only. What field software do you...

9 years ago
Page 60 / 110