AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
leegreen
leegreen
@leegreen
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: August 21, 2011 7:32 am
Last seen: September 23, 2026 4:07 pm
Topics: 73 / Replies: 2114
Reply
RE: Map Datum In Canada WGS

Turns out it was just as you described, Pete. The Engineers had no clue of datum, so they brought their contract surveyor from 180Km away, whom was us...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon GNSS CRITICAL UPDATE July 19, 2017

LEAP SECOND UPDATE:The International Earth Rotation and Reference Systems Service (IERS) has issued a statement that there will not be a leap second i...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon Machine Control - Radio Link Intermittent

JaRo, post: 436954, member: 292 wrote: The newest and recommended format for Trimble (that I am aware of) is CMRxIt may be proprietary and not availab...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon Machine Control - Radio Link Intermittent

Send_itBTW: Sure is nice up here in northeast Ontario. Temps was 48?øF this morning. No rain all week. Certainly I prefer this over the 105?øF heat i...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon Machine Control - Radio Link Intermittent

send_it, post: 436890, member: 12866 wrote: Well, my assumptions proved to be wrong. The issue lied within the radio format, and GLONASS satellites us...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon GNSS CRITICAL UPDATE July 19, 2017

I know lot's of people using HiperLites, HiperXT's, Pros, Legacy E's etc., that have not had any firmware updates for 5-10 years. None of them have ha...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon Machine Control - Radio Link Intermittent

I'm no mechanic, but I do know someone whom installs this system and trouble shoots problems like this.Where are you located?

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon Machine Control - Radio Link Intermittent

Yes, I own lot's of Topcon gear and I provide training/support for Topcon.Are you using UHF or Spread Spectrum radios? Have you tried changing freq or...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon Machine Control - Radio Link Intermittent

Did you try checking the cables and antenna on the dozer. These are the most vulnerable parts of the system.

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon GNSS CRITICAL UPDATE July 19, 2017

Hmm, I don't know. I'm just the messenger. Maybe they got it wrong and just realized it.

9 years ago
Topic
Replies: 14
Views: 416
Reply
RE: Topcon Machine Control - Radio Link Intermittent

This does NOT sound like a radio issue. When radio is lost you get an autonomous position. Blade control would not be possible in autonomous. It may b...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Do I have a chance to enter profession? (40+)

lightrange, post: 435868, member: 12864 wrote: not sure if combination of age, gender and having an accent would prevent me from workingYou will fit r...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Map Datum In Canada WGS

Pete,What type of mine are you working on? My Topcon dealer can't help, so I contacted Geoshack in Canada. They are sending me rates for a 100 hour su...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: UAS Topo Mapping Results

The DJI Phantom 4 Pro has a 20Mp camera with 1" sensor. More than capable at 180ft AGL for site of bare ground, as in this case of OP.

9 years ago
Reply
RE: UAS Topo Mapping Results

Looks good. You went way over on number of photos needed. You could get same results, and in less time with:Single grid Nadir flight at 200ft, as you ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Map Datum In Canada WGS

They sent me a DWG with contours and lots of soil test holes. No datums, and no control points. I dropped the dwg into Magnet, set the datum and then...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Map Datum In Canada WGS

Thanks Derek.Sure looks like of controls points available in that area.

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Cellular plan for Ontario, Canada

I called Verizon. They have new plan called TravelPass, unlimited call, text and data just $5 for a 24 hour session.how it works: Use domestic allowa...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Map Datum In Canada WGS

DEREK G. GRAHAM OLS OLIP, post: 435630, member: 285 wrote: Lee-Not my area of expertise what you are looking for I think, but would this be of use ?Th...

9 years ago
Page 59 / 110