AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
leegreen
leegreen
@leegreen
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: August 21, 2011 7:32 am
Last seen: September 23, 2026 4:07 pm
Topics: 73 / Replies: 2114
Reply
RE: NGS and OPUS

Read this message from NGS home page.NoticesNGS web site and related infrastructure will be undergoing maintenance starting at 2:00 pm Friday, Decembe...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Unqualified crews and/or firms

James,No real reason for the two datums. On both of these surveys there was NO hard benchmark left on the site. I had to contact the surveyors for con...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Unqualified crews and/or firms

James,1) They did NOT dredge enough and now the permits have run out to come back and dredge more.2) Even a navigation GPS in a vehicle will identify ...

12 years ago
Topic
Replies: 30
Views: 1848
Reply
RE: Hiper V Receivers: Recording Static Data

Anarefj,Your questions show your lack of knowledge with Topcon survey grade GNSS equipment. This is why you are getting directed to your equipment dea...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon Hiper Lite PLUS 900mhz spread spectrum Radios

This project was using both 915 and UHF radios from a single base. We setup a Topcon GB-1000 for a base with two external radios. The 915 was a Topcon...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon Hiper Lite PLUS 900mhz spread spectrum Radios

That's looks like a good option also.I have seen this High Gain Antenna set up on a 5 mile NYS Thruway projects with good results. Base was set in mid...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon Hiper Lite PLUS 900mhz spread spectrum Radios

Here are a couple samples of the 915 mhz high gain omni directional antenna. The cost around $100-200.I use the U bolts to mount a topo shoe at bottom...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon Hiper Lite PLUS 900mhz spread spectrum Radios

When I get a chance I will find a link to correct antenna.Not sure why you think you can not switch base and rover. The OAF features should be same on...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon Hiper Lite PLUS 900mhz spread spectrum Radios

Topconman,I don't know the exact dynamics of this. But from experience, all I can say is it has helped more than hurt any of my work. I've been using ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon Hiper Lite PLUS 900mhz spread spectrum Radios

Once you get the radio board back to standard range. You can try a 915 high gain omni antenna with a 25ft cable that just screw's to top of Hiper in p...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon Hiper Lite PLUS 900mhz spread spectrum Radios

As Dan mentioned above. If new antennas do NOT help. Then try swapping your base and rover configs.I wouldn't try to pull any more power from the Hipe...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon Hiper Lite PLUS 900mhz spread spectrum Radios

At the very least you should get 3500ft with obstructions. Without open area and direct line of site, over a mile.You need this antenna.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon Hiper Lite PLUS 900mhz spread spectrum Radios

To answer your question. No, you should not need any OAF to enable the use of external radios. The COM Port A and D are both open on the Hipers. You w...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Have you ever drug a chain?

In Forestry class we had an introduction to compass and pacing lab. We were all given a wire flag with our name on it, and 5 course of bearings and di...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Have you ever drug a chain?

Yes I have drug a chain and I also learned to throw a chain in college.Have you ever "thrown a chain".

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon Solar Equipment needed

R.J.,I agree with you. RFC does sounds like LandHoBTW: I do have a solar filter for Topcon instrument. But I'm not giving it away to someone whom is t...

12 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: digital level usage

The Sokkia and newer Topcon Digital Levels can export an SDR33 file.It is a little tricky. You need Topcon/Sokkia software loaded. Then you go toMy Co...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Hiper V Config with Active Control station and Base station

Jerry,The GR-3 and GR-5 actually do re-format the SD card. In fact if you place an SD card from your camera in the GR-3/5, you will loose the camera p...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon Solar Equipment needed

RFC,This is starting to bother me.The last few month's you decide to say $$ and Not hire a land surveyor. Then you do your own property survey with us...

12 years ago
Forum
Page 101 / 110