AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
leegreen
leegreen
@leegreen
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: August 21, 2011 7:32 am
Last seen: September 23, 2026 4:07 pm
Topics: 73 / Replies: 2114
Reply
RE: Sun shots

We've hired graduates from MVCC in the past. They have very little hands on field experience, compared to students from Alfred and Paul Smith's. MVCC ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Cross-Constellation Solutions

I wonder if is extra cost on my Topcon gear? The latest release of Magnet 2.7.1 is cable of using many constellations. But even I turn them all on, I ...

12 years ago
Topic
12 years ago
Replies: 1
Views: 1117
Reply
RE: Carlson RW5 visual inspector

I was able to import this into Magnet Office. I can see all the cogo points, but only 4 GPS vectors.There should be a way to correct your base coordin...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Machine Grade Questions

They need a Topcon TN3 file. But can convert from a LandXML surface file. Most often finished grade will do. But if there are many different subgrade ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Time for a new Data Collector. Need your input.

ToughpadThe ToughPad has Long Range Bluetooth. I have seen 900ft. Most often I connect via bluetooth to Fantam with 915 Radio, that connects back to m...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Time for a new Data Collector. Need your input.

ToughpadI connect to Topcon and Sokkia Robots via Bluetooth with the Toughpad.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Time for a new Data Collector. Need your input.

What about the nautiz line with microsurveyI don't have any Leica to try and connect to.But the ToughPas is a Windows PC with i5 processor with 8Gb ra...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Time for a new Data Collector. Need your input.

What about the nautiz line with microsurveyI love using the Panasonic FZ-M1 Toughpad with Magnet. Very fast. Runs all desktop software including Bentl...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Open traverse, RTK, Pipe line

There are many variables here. With RTK and any GPS the amount error can point to the type of error.Are you on State Plane Projection or assumed coord...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: How to connect RTKGPS+ with GNSS receiver Topcon Hyper +

By default there is no PIN code, security is turned off on the HiPers.Tell your app, no security.If your app requires a PIN code, then you will need r...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon: 1 GR3 base, 1 GR3 rover, 1 GR5 rover & survCE

Let me first say I do NOT use Carlson field software, but I use those receivers often. You should NOT need to setup a base at all on the second contro...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Improving Topcon Magnet

Most of you know I am a strong advocate for Topcon products, but it appears I just need to reiterate that here for some that are seeing only this post...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Improving Topcon Magnet

Gregg,I will let Topcon know about the vertical error in raw data. I noticed yesterday on a project where I am running verticals. The software does co...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Improving Topcon Magnet

Gregg,The prism constant is stored in the Magnet Raw Data file, but not exported in any of the Exchange formats that I know of.I export the RAW format...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Improving Topcon Magnet

JD,In the instrument configuration you can enable prompts for rod height. I believe it is on last page. There is NO traverse mode per say. Just need t...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Improving Topcon Magnet

Gregg,1. I see no problem with storing and the exporting of a point to line saved shot. You just need to toggle OFF the PTL switch when you export you...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Improving Topcon Magnet

I have not experienced any problems with scale factor or rapid mode. I do use these both very often and have checked the scale factors. The settings a...

12 years ago
Topic
Replies: 29
Views: 3255
Reply
RE: Kinda dumb stationing question ...

Back Tangent extendedNo dumb question. It appears all have missed it so far. In my experience we would label this along the back tangent extended past...

12 years ago
Page 102 / 110