AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Learner
Learner
@learner
Member Founder
Joined: August 14, 2021 4:08 am
Last seen: October 1, 2026 6:19 am
Topics: 13 / Replies: 205
Topic
2 weeks ago
Replies: 2
Views: 1336
Reply
3 weeks ago
Reply
RE: Still there…

Left a base station on the job one day. Realized it was there about time to go home. Got back to the site in the dark and it was still there blinkin...

1 month ago
Reply
RE: Question about RTN Field Procedure

The only way occupation time plays into it for me is this: I occupy for as long as, or as many time as it takes to get repeatable results. What I po...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: Question about RTN Field Procedure

I get very good repeatability with Carlson BRX7s Base Rover pair, even under heavy (but not full) canopy. I usually occupy a point for at least 30 se...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: NATRF2022

Va Assn of Surveyors has a presentation scheduled on new datums Friday Oct. 2. Dave Doyle presenter. Learn More

2 months ago
Reply
RE: Question for FEMA gurus.

I would consider going through the process to place fill and get a LOMR-F as one option. Get costs for all the options you laid out. Then consider t...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Flood Certificate

The LOMA is the cheapest way to reduce the "map exposure" to flood risk. A new Elevation Cert will help, but the LOMA takes the structure out of the ...

4 months ago
Reply
4 months ago
Reply
RE: How some of it is done in Japan

Quite a bit gets lost in translation and conversion. If I get more time, I may try to post a few high quality images. Some of what I saw looks like ...

6 months ago
Reply
6 months ago
Topic
Replies: 8
Views: 1498
Reply
RE: Zone AE

Not attacking or defending FEMAs maps. Just noting their very real existence and regulatory authority. Thought that if the maps are being updated in...

7 months ago
Reply
RE: Pebble in my shoe

Thanks for reminding me of how to invert colors in an image!

7 months ago
Reply
RE: Zone AE

You guys may already know about this site, but you can see FEMAs proposed changes to flood maps. Panels from 2006 may be revised soon (maybe not the ...

7 months ago
Reply
RE: Zone AE

Just curious; what is the effective date of the FIRM panel in question?

7 months ago
Reply
RE: A memory from February 23, 2019

Brrr! I have wet waded thigh deep in weather not that cold or white, and was really glad to finish!

7 months ago
Reply
RE: Older working equipment.

I love the simplicity of the old stuff. Too many of the new tech items I own are slower and more complicated than their 'grandad' versions. I would ...

10 months ago
Page 1 / 11