AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Learner
Learner
@learner
Member Founder
Joined: August 14, 2021 4:08 am
Last seen: October 1, 2026 6:19 am
Topics: 13 / Replies: 205
Reply
RE: The most pin cushions I have ever seen in one place

Surveying is easy if you can call everything you don't like a goat stake.

12 months ago
Reply
RE: Floodplain

Read the landing page at the following link carefully. "existing structure or parcel" not elevated by fill.... There is a different process for ...

12 months ago
Reply
RE: Carlson BRX7 / Hemisphere S631 repeatability

I have been using a Base Rover pair of BRX7s for a couple years now, and have had great repeatability under 0.07' in pretty dense canopy. Come back a...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Railroad Survey Advice

I think it's out 0.04000 😉

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Author T.S. Madsen,

Awesome, thanks!

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Author T.S. Madsen,

I found the book on Amazon, and Alibris. Around $220. Looks like a great reference. The price would indicate that it is, for being published so lon...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: SurvCE Resection Failure

I have reported things like this to Carlson Tech Support in the past and received a patch via email before I could get back to the office....

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Building Sway

Thanks for sharing! Reminds me of surveying in the Outer Banks on the sound. Ground so soft I had to build mats out of reeds to get the instrument s...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Old Church and Cemetery survey

And people think boundary surveys cost too much....

1 year ago
Reply
1 year ago
Reply
RE: Boundary Survey research procedure

I'm loving all the discussion. Definitely picked up some things I can use! Thanks, all!

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Boundary Survey research procedure

Thanks all for the input. I especially like @murphy's method. Have a great weekend!

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Boundary Survey research procedure

Thanks for the input! Some great ideas. Hoping to be a good surveyor one day. 😉

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Boundary Survey research procedure

@norman-oklahoma What about when the records have significant conflicting evidence? North half of a two acre tract shown subdivided and conveyed o...

2 years ago
Topic
Replies: 32
Views: 4927
Reply
RE: Carlson Survey, iCad, Civil 3D & AutoCAD

@hi-staker I was actually liking the "more stable now" part of that post. Guess I should have clarified. I love Carlson with iCAD for small surve...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson Survey, iCad, Civil 3D & AutoCAD

Using CAD since beginner with Autocad 12. Could walk the dog with Land Desktop. Used C3D a few years, but couldn't stand having to create standards ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: History of Surveying in Virginia and old regulations etc.

I would love to proofread that book! Let me know if you get serious!

2 years ago
Reply
RE: History of Surveying in Virginia and old regulations etc.

I hope you write a book on the history you find!

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Chaos--OK or not

Love hearing how other seasoned professionals deal with this stuff!

2 years ago
Page 2 / 11