AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
Landbutcher464MHz
Landbutcher464MHz
@landbutcher464mhz
Member P&R
Joined: September 15, 2023 11:33 pm
Last seen: October 4, 2026 6:44 pm
Topics: 4 / Replies: 259
Reply
RE: Get your final product perfect before it leaves your office in any form

Well the guy was at least consistent but why is it repeated 4 times ?

14 hours ago
Reply
RE: Quotes about Error

Speaking of number generators, back in the early 1970's an office tech started doing dirt quantities with a sheet of mylar that was covered in random ...

3 days ago
Reply
RE: When a fence disagrees with your math, what goes on the plat?

@wendell "And it worked best if the client was the one giving up land." Yep. The office rule is "Cheat the client". 🙄

3 weeks ago
Reply
RE: Not mincing words

Well an improvement to that index could have been made with some advance planning and then Maybel's Whore House would have been a 69. 😎

3 weeks ago
Reply
RE: When a fence disagrees with your math, what goes on the plat?

If I can get signed notarized statements from both owners agreeing that the wall is accepted as the lot line then I would calc a new lot line giving t...

4 weeks ago
Reply
RE: Still there…

Yep the old days of T2 traversing. I left a tripod tribrach and glass on a hill at a county control point I had occupied and used to set a control poi...

1 month ago
Reply
RE: Disturbing a boundary stone is more than just a lifetime of punishment.

@mightymoe "Around 1906 GLO converted to brass caps. Some of the old-timers couldn't give up notching section corners so they notched the edges of the...

1 month ago
Reply
RE: Disturbing a boundary stone is more than just a lifetime of punishment.

On a Montana forest service survey crew in the 60's we were told that all stones were notched on the south and east sides and the bottom of the stone ...

1 month ago
Reply
RE: Level Run Woes

This from Google AI just in case it is helpful: Saving and Storing the Peg Test on LS10 Complete the Routine: Navigate to Main Menu > Tools...

1 month ago
Reply
RE: Books I Had, Books I Just Aquired, and Books I Wish I Had

That is a lot of heavy reading there my man. I am glad that there are guys like you that can digest and put those laws to good use. I am more the fiel...

1 month ago
Reply
RE: Thence south 00 degrees 38 minutes 52 seconds east, 1284.36 feet along a fence

Please, this is just an old office cartoon but as I read thru this thread with all the various opinions, I could not get the memory of this old cartoo...

1 month ago
Reply
RE: Plan Checking - A Horse of a Different Color

Wow 98 CP's. This would be a perfect job for a dual setup with a Robot and GPS together. Use GPS to find and/or identify CP's then switch to the Robot...

1 month ago
Reply
RE: One Man Crew Fun

My 25' fiberglass rod has a standard 5/8" threaded hole in the top so I put a threaded stud in there and can attach a small prism. I have used it with...

1 month ago
Reply
RE: One Man Crew Fun

Fun fact that makes 0.01' accuracy moot. A pond of water (big or small) with no shade in 90 to 100F summer heat will drop 0.02' to 0.04' in elevation ...

1 month ago
Page 1 / 14