AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
Landbutcher464MHz
Landbutcher464MHz
@landbutcher464mhz
Member P&R
Joined: September 15, 2023 11:33 pm
Last seen: October 4, 2026 6:44 pm
Topics: 4 / Replies: 259
Reply
RE: Deeds Lacking Precision

So if we have 2 ancient trees, each with 2 ft dia as property corners, do we have a 2 ft wide property line? Have we created a 2 ft gap or a 2 ft over...

1 month ago
Reply
RE: Deeds Lacking Precision

"polishing the turd" I love it. Accurate survey terms are few and this one is a real gem. Thanks @holy-cow. Now back to wide monuments that are tree...

1 month ago
Reply
RE: Deeds Lacking Precision

@pls8xx I have never had to survey a property that had trees as the actual corners. I have surveyed PLSS in Montana (1962-1966) where we found brok...

1 month ago
Reply
RE: Deeds Lacking Precision

@holy-cow Regarding the missing bridge, wasn't the "west end of the bridge" "on the south section line" originally a finite point? To me the fact t...

1 month ago
Reply
RE: Deeds Lacking Precision

Can I get an example of a corner without a finite point?

1 month ago
Reply
RE: New legal description trend

REC with a colon : ie "REC:" at the beginning of a point description sets a layer for my data collector that is using Fieldgenius software. So when I ...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: New legal description trend

This was just an example of what the software pumps out on its own. I would correct that MAP.7781 reference to something like "the SW corner of Lot 5...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: New legal description trend

My software, PCSurvey, has a legal description writer function that works really well. You select the lines and curves of your property, click create ...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: Schonstedt over the other brands.

@ the pseudo ranger from 2012: "I used Schonstedt for years, then switched over to a subsurface. My immediate impression was that the Subsurface did n...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: How do you check a rebuilt plat someone hands you?

Why not run and print a traverse closure then check some bearings and distances on the printout against a copy of the original plat that was rebuilt? ...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: Question To AI About C&R

@lurker You are correct and thanks for being patient. I use a Leica TS15 and when I enter the temp and pressure and check the box for C&R the gu...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Question To AI About C&R

So I re-read the AI answer that states " a distant object will appear lower than its actual elevation". AI is trying to use what the human eye might s...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Question To AI About C&R

@sluggo Thanks for the math refresher course. Looks like exactly what I always used and there is no correction applied directly to the zenith angle. T...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Question To AI About C&R

@lurker I have never heard of anyone applying a correction to zenith angles and I have done many trig shots in the past to check between published ben...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Question To AI About C&R

Just to clarify I posted this question to AI as a test just to see what the answer would be. I thought the answer would be cut & dried and am quit...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Question To AI About C&R

@lurker Only refraction will affect the telescope reading. Everything else is just math applied to the line of sight and correcting the elevation base...

3 months ago
Topic
Replies: 18
Views: 3330
Topic
Replies: 3
Views: 934
Reply
RE: Surveying in non-existent towns

Either one of those projects would be a lot of fun to solve but it would definitely not be a money maker. I can see myself up late most nights trying ...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: EXTERNAL POWER FOR TOPCON GTS-825 ROBOT

According to Google AI: The maximum recommended external power voltage for the Topcon GTS-820A series (w...

4 months ago
Page 2 / 14