AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
LAStevens
LAStevens
@la-stevens
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: August 30, 2011 12:29 pm
Last seen: September 27, 2026 8:21 am
Topics: 16 / Replies: 166
Reply
RE: The way things work. I’m just not involved this time…

@mightymoe had to autocorrect for absolute!

6 months ago
Reply
RE: Seeking Surveyor - For Contingent LOMA for the detached carport garage. The house is rezone from flood zone AO to B. Location: San Jose, CA

Did your entire parcel get reclassified from Zone AO to B Zone?   Regardless, if in an AO Zone the floor level will need to be build a certai...

9 months ago
Reply
RE: Merry Christmas

Great work!   From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Central City, Colorado Home rule city[1] ...

9 months ago
Reply
RE: Hired a surveyor for boundary dispute - he then took the neighbor as a client. Is this as bad as I think it is?

If the surveyor was only required to file a Corner Record, it implies you are in a monumented subdivision or your lines appear on a prior Record of Su...

9 months ago
Reply
RE: Hired a surveyor for boundary dispute - he then took the neighbor as a client. Is this as bad as I think it is?

In California, the specific regulatory requirement for a land surveyor to disclose relationships when working for multiple clients on related projects...

9 months ago
Reply
RE: Preparing descriptions textbook question

I bought a half dozen new copies of Wattles' "Writing Legal Descriptions" at the beginning of the year for $50 a piece. He has other out-of-print lan...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: Deed Reader Pro Version 5.0 - Plot Deeds with AI

Is there a way to plot the info on maps now or working on it for future updates?   Our surveyor who uses the prior version has been very impr...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: Preparing descriptions textbook question

I just bought a bunch of new copies last year for new staff. email me and I’ll search later at my office for his contact information. Larry Stev...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: Tips & Tricks for field technicians

Minimize flagging or paint the stake around livestock. Flagging can kill an animal that eats to much.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Checking the pulse of traverse closure

@ surveylife I do lurk here on occasion. A least squares adjustment should be used to adjust your field measurements when appropriate. If your employe...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Construction of a boundary

In California it is codified in Ca Code of Civil Procedures 2077 that area is at the bottom of the list.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveyor recommendation in Hilo, Hawaii

Could you give me a recommendation to someone who you feel does good boundary work on the big island? You can send to my email larry At LAStevensInc....

3 years ago
Topic
Replies: 7
Views: 1557
Reply
RE: Right-of-Entry laws

The attached document is what I prepared for California Land Surveyors Right of Entry.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Tips to inspire field crew?

Contact me if you are serious about boundary work. I work throughout the bay area with the great attorneys working on boundary litigation. I've spen...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Magnetic Locator

Thanks for the insights! I ordered the Subsurface because of the screen graph and it is longer than the comparable Schonstedt, Most of us are relati...

3 years ago
Topic
3 years ago
Replies: 10
Views: 861
Page 1 / 10