AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Jon Payne
Jon Payne
@jon-payne
Free
Joined: July 6, 2010 9:31 pm
Last seen: August 4, 2026 7:54 am
Topics: 189 / Replies: 1446
Reply
RE: Blue collar job, who knew??

I would be offended at being lumped in with those[sarcasm] dirty blue collar occupations[/sarcasm], but frankly it is not offensive.There are a number...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Angles close to zero

Right? Wrong?I don't want to say right or wrong because I'm not 100% sure I am following the question or that I am right or wrong.Here is how I am loo...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Angles close to zero

VernI wondered the same thing. From the original post:"It got me thinking - we are turning very small angles from the baseline to the punchmark on th...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Health Insurance

> 17 Posts and over 1000 views of your OP...> and not one single example of work hours cut to eliminate health insurance. Hmmm.17 posts 13 post...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: ACAD to Intellicad

> I tried the intellicad version and think it could be used successful in a simple office. I chose the embedded cad though. 20113 is a solid releas...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: How big is this park?

0.001 acres!! That is amateur hour.I have seen many folks around here who are surveying large acreage tracts with such precision as to justify report...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Fence on Line

Before I was licensed, I was working as a crew chief for a company. We were doing a small residential lot survey in a subdivision and found all monum...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Fence

"Capped iron rods indicate that they are newly installed, because the surveyor found no prior monument for that corner. One of the new pins is in an a...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Should I say anything to the boss

The only part I see an issue with is > He called me in his office earlier today and said shut the door.That means wasting company time on his pursu...

13 years ago
Topic
Replies: 3
Views: 967
Reply
RE: Thence EAST, Thence SOUTH...etc.

I agree Dave. It looks like the farmer pretty well knows where the lines are/where.

13 years ago
Reply
RE: National Speakers in Land Surveying

The Kentucky Assoc. of Professional Surveyors (KAPS) has invited one of the Beer Leg posters to present several times for a fall seminar session as we...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Do you include marking property lines as part of a survey?

> IF we create the line, through the brush, it is marked regardless of whether or not it's negotiated, I like that plan.In the area I practice, the...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Why Independently Reproducible Bearings are Bad

Just curious?> The first time some guy using GPS to plant his corn (that guy being my client) asks me why he doens't line up with my plat's bearing...

13 years ago
Page 53 / 82