AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Jon Payne
Jon Payne
@jon-payne
Free
Joined: July 6, 2010 9:31 pm
Last seen: August 4, 2026 7:54 am
Topics: 189 / Replies: 1446
Reply
RE: Topcon GR-5

Not constructive input, but I hope someone more electronically inclined provides an answer.If I correctly read your post the battery life is shortened...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: More Pincushions

Monument - CornerTwo different creatures.I would be less concerned about an uncapped iron object if I had finalized a decision that it was not the cor...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: More Pincushions

>But if you do reject them all you should feel strongly enough about it to pull them before you set your own.Depending on the OP's location, I woul...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Fence corners used as property corners

> If we pull the called for distances off of our found irons, they are off the fences badly, some falling inside and others out and cut through hou...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Poll: North?

Not actually setting missing monuments, but finding and accepting the actual original monuments versus the very visibly marked and 'official' looking ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Jackson Purchase Western Kentucky

MattWhat county?There are a few lurkers on the board from that area who may respond to you by email if they knew you were in a county they work in. I...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: More Pincushions

GREAT ANSWER!!!!!

13 years ago
Reply
RE: More Pincushions

Okay....nevermind> I hope you can come to terms with how to avoid pincushioning or gather some wisdom from someone else.Pretty rude and arrogant st...

13 years ago
Topic
Replies: 9
Views: 544
Reply
RE: Three surveys

I take it from your post that these are instances of not only no monuments, but also no valid reason that the monuments should not be there?I can full...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Coordinated Cadastre - Putting the Pieces Together

Looks good Shawn. Your example really drives home the usefulness of a known repeatable basis of bearing and/or a known datum.I try to make a tie to a...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Bends in lines

Just in case he gets back on the site, I want to be sure and still be worthy of the "expert measurement technician" comment that a certain poster perc...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: How do you buy a survey instrument?

> if local dealers can't support your product how much better can someone do over the phone?For me, Hayes phone support has been outstanding. I sp...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: How do you buy a survey instrument?

I've always had pretty good demos when I purchased from Hayes Instrument in Shelbyville TN (800) 251-1280 or (931) 684-0555.I don't know where they st...

13 years ago
Page 54 / 82