AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Jon Payne
Jon Payne
@jon-payne
Free
Joined: July 6, 2010 9:31 pm
Last seen: August 4, 2026 7:54 am
Topics: 189 / Replies: 1446
Reply
RE: Business Structure

Especially if you are a new company, lenders require a personal guarantee by principles of the business. Once you have an established track record, th...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: But I have a "Plaque".

@just-a-surveyor I've heard plaque used very occasionally. It wasn't until reading your comment of "...can't help but wonder how our work came to be...

7 years ago
Topic
7 years ago
Replies: 8
Views: 1196
Reply
RE: Not sure what to do...

Long ago, I worked for a guy who would lower the invoiced amount for basically anyone who came in and complained about how much it was.?ÿ I'm sure eve...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: How to Leverage Teaching to Improve Your Surveying Business

For the local Realtor's group, I have presented about the FEMA flood areas and the process of preparing an EC or LOMA request.?ÿ Results were probably...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: How fast can you survey 7.4 miles?

That section of I24 has gotten so bad that I pretty much always take either 68 or the Trace up to 62 if I'm going to Paducah. Will be glad to see it ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Boundary question--stone walls & trespass

I am not amazed that the thread veered off to the idea of a boundary issue.  I think several of the posters who are referencing that idea are won...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: When you just feel completely stupid....

Now THAT would have been very nice!  LOL

7 years ago
Reply
RE: New truck blues

I wish I was kidding about that, but folks are taking out vehicle loans of that length.  Worse than that, there are websites that suggest it is n...

7 years ago
Topic
Replies: 8
Views: 455
Reply
RE: TOPCON PS103 ROBOTIC

I've seen the same connection issues as Norman, but I use Magnet on a Tesla.  The system is very persnickety about the bluetooth connections.&nbs...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: New truck blues

Many of those folks are not affording the $80K vehicle, they are only affording the 6 years worth of $1200/month payments for right now and are just o...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: I took the FS Exam today.

Looks like a better outcome than you expected.  Congrats!

7 years ago
Reply
RE: I took the FS Exam today.

I found the EIT to be much easier than the SIT exam.?ÿ About 25 years ago, a friend and I went down to Huntsville to take the EIT because my home stat...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Disgruntled client voicemail

Many steps of the lien process vary by state.  That can include the time frame in which the lien may be filed, need for notice of intent to file ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Field Note Retention After Scanning

I scan everything to store it digitally within the job directory.?ÿ Most of my field notes are now from the collector anyway.?ÿ Paper notes are genera...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Field Note Retention After Scanning

Love that (hopefully) typo John.?ÿ It makes for a very interesting mental picture.

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Keeping track of project locations

Sorry Andy, I don't get logged on quite as often as I would like to. I'm not sure about QGIS options as I don't use it.?ÿ Since it is open-source, I w...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying Engineering Technology Newsletter Fall 2018

A friend of mine from when I was teaching at a regional university sent the faculty position notice to me in case I was interested.?ÿ I have to commen...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Docusign ?

?ÿ I don't use the software, but this looks like directions to accomplish what your trying to do.

8 years ago
Page 42 / 82