AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Jon Payne
Jon Payne
@jon-payne
Free
Joined: July 6, 2010 9:31 pm
Last seen: August 4, 2026 7:54 am
Topics: 189 / Replies: 1446
Reply
RE: On line Professional Development Hours

A long time ago, I took one of the correspondence type CPD courses because I had left my hours until the very end of the year and no professional soci...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Congress/FCC Raises Fine for Pirate Radio Operators from $100,000 per day to $1,000,000 per day

@duane-frymire I found that section on ISM Duane.  In reading the beginning of it, I was just on the verge of thinking - "Okay, that is where ev...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Congress/FCC Raises Fine for Pirate Radio Operators from $100,000 per day to $1,000,000 per day

@duane-frymire Thanks Duane. After Marks's post, I starting reading through information in the Part 15 devices that some (all?) of the receivers are...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Congress/FCC Raises Fine for Pirate Radio Operators from $100,000 per day to $1,000,000 per day

@duane-frymire Duane, I've always heard the no license required comment being applied to spread spectrum radios without specific mention of the watt...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Requirements for Being A Drone Instructor at a College or other School

I believe there is value in the opinion piece linked.?ÿ It was clearly stated in my post that it was an opinion article; which would infer it was not ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Vacate Right-of-Way Problem

A quick look through the Kentucky Case Law for Land Boundary Issues book put out by the Kentucky Association of Professional Surveyors did not provide...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Requirements for Being A Drone Instructor at a College or other School

@spmpls Thanks Scott.  That was an interesting opinion article.  As you point out, this subject could use some deeper research to see what ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Requirements for Being A Drone Instructor at a College or other School

@bstrand That was always strange to me.  In Kentucky, K-12 teachers have to earn and maintain teaching credentials beyond their degree major.&nb...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying Depicted on TV

Anybody have "help" as useful as Chris Pratt?

7 years ago
Topic
Replies: 19
Views: 1939
Reply
RE: Requirements for Being A Drone Instructor at a College or other School

Huge rant to follow.?ÿ Sorry, but this is one that really bugs me. I don't think you will find that the "Board" will necessarily care one way or anoth...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Open Traverse closing method

Assuming it is an open traverse (as opposed to a linked traverse), you are missing 'knowns' at the end of the traverse with which to close anything.?ÿ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Advice to younger surveyors

Mostly great advice (I have reservations about the Vienna sausages!).?ÿ Although significantly less experienced, I would like to add one piece of advi...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Could this be a record

@mathteacher As long as it clarifies, the art doesn't have to be great.  Makes sense now.

7 years ago
Reply
RE: I'm going to say this right now

@holy-cow Also leads to questions of why your work doesn't match the other survey when you report 13.25 acres and they reported 13.24982 acres. ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Could this be a record

@dave-karoly I come up with a minute as well Dave.   boy and a half = 3 half boys pie and a half = 3 half pies minute and a half = 3 half mi...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Question on your base of operations

Using a 25 mile radius: I lose about 1/3 of the land area to the south due to being near the Kentucky/Tennessee border and having never bothered to ge...

7 years ago
Topic
Replies: 2
Views: 607
Reply
RE: Best Practices in Forest Topographic Surveying using Robotics Total Station

See if there is a company in your area with skid loader and ground shark brush cutter and work that price into budget. I had one where I needed a line...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Independent Contractor experience and rates

@stlsurveyor I think you've got the legalities lined up.  The key points being to make sure you are not an employee per IRS guidelines and that ...

7 years ago
Page 41 / 82