AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Jon Payne
Jon Payne
@jon-payne
Free
Joined: July 6, 2010 9:31 pm
Last seen: August 4, 2026 7:54 am
Topics: 189 / Replies: 1446
Reply
RE: Carlson Survey 2018 W/ IntelliCAD

For the basically exclusively boundary work I do, the IntelliCAD option has been working very well.?ÿ Way back, I had AutoDesk Field Survey and had as...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Regulation and Ethics question

I'm not sure I agree with this statement 100%.?ÿ In the case of an unintentional mistake, okay.?ÿ But a willful decision to not follow a regulation is...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Employee misrepresenting as Surveyor and/or owner

This is an interesting discussion that comes up in some state ethics/standards seminars - just how much can an unlicensed employee do and how much sup...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: "Fence line" survey or Boundary survey?

Since you called it a "complicated" boundary in your original post, it might be necessary to survey the entire parcel (and neighbors) in order to nail...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: A few clips from this job in Cordova

Awesome post. I wonder if FBI and CIA guys sitting at their desks get the same feeling of "WOW my job would be so much cooler if I did things like tha...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson Survey 2018 W/ IntelliCAD

PDF was one of the options I tried.?ÿ It also froze.?ÿ Even when just trying to do a print preview, it would freeze up. I came back to the office this...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson Survey 2018 W/ IntelliCAD

Fortunately - yes I saved prior to printing.?ÿ After making that mistake too often, I am an over achieving saver!?ÿ I hit that save button frequently....

8 years ago
Topic
Replies: 10
Views: 896
Reply
RE: Regulation and Ethics question

Question - Can you provide an example of the conflict between the in-house survey procedures and the state standards of practice? do you feel these "s...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Request from client

I like that you have the interest set at the highest allowable by law, but you might double check the time frame for when that interest rate can kick ...

8 years ago
Topic
Replies: 5
Views: 1191
Reply
RE: Actual Degree in Surveying

I've got a BS in Civil Eng Tech, a MS in Eng. Tech, and working on a PhD in Education.?ÿ I did concentrate my electives on surveying during both the B...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Question for Small Buisness Offices

My office in an old 1920s house in a part of town where all the houses have been converted to office space.?ÿ Doors are locked most of the time.?ÿ Peo...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Question for all who determine fee's

Combination of parts of Brian Allen and Mark Mayer's responses. I use an hourly rate that I have established over time as a means of estimating the co...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: My take on solo surveying

Preach on!!!!! It is still amazing to me that companies in my area are offering pay rates that are almost the same as they were 25 years ago.?ÿ I know...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Ongoing Survey

Scott, I don't have Indiana experience - I'm just south in Kentucky.?ÿ But that scenario is exactly why I suggested the original poster confirm the li...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Ongoing Survey

Step One: Verify that the surveyor you hired can be found listed as a licensed professional surveyor here Step Two: If you can find out the name of t...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: I have recently noticed a decline in the quality of field staking

While I don't do staking anymore, I spent a number of years doing a whole lot of it at the start of my career. I have also seen a general decline in t...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: One Plat, Two Owners

I could see the client wanting all three on one drawing for ease of showing various parties the locations while making the final decision. I agree wit...

8 years ago
Topic
Replies: 2
Views: 491
Page 43 / 82