AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Jon Collins
Jon Collins
@jon-collins
Free
Joined: January 30, 2016 8:46 pm
Last seen: November 26, 2024 3:29 pm
Topics: 9 / Replies: 388
Reply
RE: Apprehensive Level Run

Ever rock the rod horizontally?Long ago we had a house someone built too close to the line, so many angles on this house it was a pain, so we set a TS...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Right & Left

Before robots, we always used the rod man's perspective.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Good Morning From Colorado

Welcome brandon, I took the electronic FS in Nov 14 and the paper PS in Oct 15 and I am just finishing my 3rd state specific. if you need any help on ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Christmas bonuses

Ron Lang, post: 404295, member: 6445 wrote: $3000 party chiefs (2)$1500 I-man (1)$750 rodman (1)And week off with pay between Christmas & New Year...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: New- studying for FS to become a surveyor

Good luck on the test. pack some protein and fruit in your car, quick lunch break and you'll be happy you have something to eat.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: A question for managers and business owners

Jim Frame, post: 403458, member: 10 wrote: Are you not using a robot? Setting monuments with a robot isn't much different than setting them with a 2-...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Roles and Responsibilites amongst staff

Nate The Surveyor, post: 403231, member: 291 wrote: Company policy:Everybody learns everybody else's job.That way, everybody learns. Good plan, I've ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: magnetic locators

I carry a hound dog. it is slow and quiet, but the weight and ease of carry is nice. youit's use caution not to ignore a negative polet sound because ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: NDSPLS Fall Education Seminar

Bismarck is socked in with snow right now.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble GPS Static or RTK and Radio

What models are we talking about? Is the hpb450 narrowbanded ?

10 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: A couple of monuments

Andy Bruner, post: 401474, member: 1123 wrote: I'm glad we don't have to survey in the snow. Serious question. How do you locate stones in the snow?...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: A couple of monuments

MightyMoe, post: 401730, member: 700 wrote: You have to get lucky:) Grab your snow shovel and dig.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: "Our company doesn't Mentor"

Trundle, post: 401522, member: 12120 wrote: That's all I'm looking for. But so far it's been elusive (in this state). Can I ask which state?

10 years ago
Reply
RE: "Our company doesn't Mentor"

Trundle, post: 401236, member: 12120 wrote: I could do this job in my sleep. I've worked as a production tech before, where I did everything (includin...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: "Our company doesn't Mentor"

Maybe they have free coffee and bagels?Honestly it's tough to mentor. the managers have to keep everyone billable, tough to bill for 2 guys what can b...

10 years ago
Reply
Reply
RE: job files: survey controller verses trimble access

Switching between jobs in access, you will have to end your current survey, then open the other job and start a new survey. it's no big deal, just don...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Oops!

I use lath to jamb in the opening I create. Pry bars would be nicer

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Never Assume

Funny one happened to my compadre yesterday. we had a street reconstruct project, did the original topo and staking. one corner we had found a local g...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: digital seal and signature

Andy Nold, post: 400455, member: 7 wrote: I used a digitally encrypted signature on PDF files for a little while and thought it was ok. If someone wan...

10 years ago
Page 13 / 20