AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
john-putnam
john-putnam
@john-putnam
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: February 4, 2011 9:44 am
Last seen: October 9, 2026 12:34 pm
Topics: 82 / Replies: 2390
Reply
RE: Good Bye CORS96

@mathteacher Okay, you got my ADHD going on this one. First, NAD83(CORS96) was used only for CORS stations. Passive marks of the time were tied...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Flood Certificate

I doubt FEMA is going to be checking on him but the lender might still require flood insurance without it. A Loma might be appropriate in this case.

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Durability of Survey Points

I have a couple of @shelby-h-griggs-pls washers floating around the truck.

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Durability of Survey Points

@norman-oklahoma Mark, I was thinking of you when I set, what might be my last, PK 3/4" PK nail last week. I might have finally exhausted my strat...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Trimble 4800

@pawnmaster In that case, I might have a TrimMark II floating around if you are interested. It was actually part of my 4800 system back in the late 9...

5 months ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Trimble 4800

FWI, the UHF radio in a 4800 is no longer legal in the US. They were pre narrow banding.

5 months ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Putting a 120V AC wire in the same conduit as an antenna cable??

When he's done there, he can come dig the short power feed I need for my new electrical service entrance. It's about time to replace the 8 fuse 100 a...

5 months ago
Reply
RE: How should I respond

Years ago I did some work for an Albertan rancher in north central Oregon. He had ended up owning what had been a larger cattle feed yard outside of ...

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Magnetic to True to State Plane Grid Bearing Conversion

@murphy It is way easier to visualize this in azimuths. The formula for magnetic to grid north is azimuth + declination + LaPlace + convergence ang...

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Magnetic to True to State Plane Grid Bearing Conversion

@murphy I don't think it is your file, I think something is up with the site.

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Magnetic to True to State Plane Grid Bearing Conversion

Back to the OP. First, you need to determine the magnetic declination for you project area in 1947, the NGS web tools are you friend there. Next, ap...

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Magnetic to True to State Plane Grid Bearing Conversion

@gary_g I have not been able to download any PDF's from the site since yesterday.

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Measurement issues in providing reference measurements to locate existing monuments

When I started out in the late 80', my first chief would have us chain anything critical within 25 to 50 feet of the instrument. I'm not sure I could...

5 months ago
Reply
RE: California CRTN Users-A few questions

I don't think Shelby is questioning the underlying coordinates for CRTN since they are all on the current California Spatial Reference System (CSRS). ...

5 months ago
Reply
RE: GPS Base Station randomly turning off when connected to external radio

Can the TDL 450H be used as a repeater? If so, instead of connecting it directly to the receiver, use it as a repeater. In addition to resolving you...

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Significant numbers

@wa-id-surveyor I can give you three recent examples in Washington where it caused a problem. One of them required a fair amount of engineering rewor...

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Significant numbers

They lost that connection as soon as you scaled them.

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Significant numbers

@bill93 I can testify that even if, and that is a big if, metadata was originally provided, chances are it will not be present on a set of engineering...

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Significant numbers

@lurker Truth. Friends don't let friends scale grid coordinates without truncating. The lack of meta data in these examples shows exactly why.

5 months ago
Page 3 / 124