AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
jhframe
jhframe
@jim-frame
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: July 1, 2010 10:44 am
Last seen: October 10, 2026 7:12 am
Topics: 465 / Replies: 7012
Reply
RE: Radial Bearings - PC to Radius Point or Radius Point to PC?

Right/left leaves no ambiguity as long as the chord bearing is given.

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Hi Gain Bluetooth Dongle on the DC

I've never tried a USB variant, but I've been using a Parani SD1000 (RS232 9-pin serial) adapter with a 5dBi antenna for about 15 years now. With my ...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Radial Bearings - PC to Radius Point or Radius Point to PC?

They help, they just don't help very much. Count me among those who hate concavity descriptions, because it means I have to draw mental (and someti...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: New Star*net user

That is, if you report anything. I think I can count on one hand the number of times I've been asked to report error statistics. I suppose it all de...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: New Star*net user

I always use a single RW5 for a given job, downloading it daily upon return to the office. Where I run into the multiple point number thing is when I...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: New Star*net user

On second thought, Alias won't address the duplication problem I encounter most often: combining data from one project with numeric point names (e.g....

1 year ago
Reply
RE: New Star*net user

Although I had to upgrade from Star*Net v6 to v11 some years ago due to a hardware key failure, I never bothered to see what features had been added s...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: New Star*net user

If you maintained the same point numbering system (i.e. didn't use the same point number for more than one physical point), then you can just add the ...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Massachusetts Stone Bound Questions

The upper part of the inscription appears to have been broken off. Below the upper part might be a heart, and below that "1800" or similar. (I also...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Earthquake chaos

More information is better, so when it makes sense to put a survey on the grid, I do it. But most of my urban/suburban jobs are done with a total sta...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Earthquake chaos

California, which knows a thing or two about earthquakes and property lines, has a statute -- the Cullen Earthquake Act (Code of Civil Procedure § 751...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: tax parcel in California

From §66424 of the Government Code: “Subdivision” means the division, by any subdivider, of any unit or units of improved or unimproved land, ...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Demarcating Control Points

The BP markers from Berntsen are much quicker to install and are very durable. I mostly use them for marking boundary corners, but occasionally set o...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: FEMA Flood Hazard Mapping Site Down

Never mind, both are working now.

1 year ago
Topic
Replies: 1
Views: 1012
Reply
RE: Mapping Negligence

The ROS in question -- filed in 2008 -- shows 5 monuments set on the ROW in the vicinity of my project. So far I've not been able to find a single on...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: OPUS-Projects for RTK/RTN Vectors

I tried to bluebook a large project (60-ish stations) last year using OPUS Projects with RTN and PP vectors and following the NGS-92 protocols, but ke...

1 year ago
Topic
Replies: 23
Views: 3342
Reply
RE: Baby Wipes

Been doing this for over 30 years, mostly for cleaning my hands after a particularly dirty round of monument searching. I also keep a container of bl...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Introducing a new business directory for Land Surveyors in the U.S.

I gave it another go, but it's not showing up in the listings, at least on my system. I haven't tried deleting the cache or cookies, though.

1 year ago
Page 7 / 374