AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
jhframe
jhframe
@jim-frame
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: July 1, 2010 10:44 am
Last seen: October 10, 2026 7:12 am
Topics: 465 / Replies: 7012
Reply
RE: Introducing a new business directory for Land Surveyors in the U.S.

I think maybe I got it this time after forcing a page reload. The address showed up on the map, and it passed the validation. It's not showing up in...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Introducing a new business directory for Land Surveyors in the U.S.

Closer, but still not there. The third-party embed box went away, but the map wasn't able to find my address, even when I limited it to city and stat...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Introducing a new business directory for Land Surveyors in the U.S.

"Location Map value is required" error prevented me from completing a listing. I wasn't able to get past the Google Maps third-party embed box, even ...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Trimble 4000SSI Site Surveyor

Most still work, though time has proven to be the bullet that takes them down. Of the dozen or so that I've had, at least 4 have succumbed to (I thin...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: New Star*net user

Converting Spectra Precision Survey Pro v 5.0 raw data to STAR*NET format

1 year ago
Reply
RE: What are the .sst files in Trimble baseline processing?

But are *.sst files the same as *.ssf files?

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Full equipment list for a loaded survey rig

I wouldn't call it "inexpensive" -- I paid $900 for mine in 1993. It was a workhorse, back in the days when I still ran levels. A lot of cool old d...

1 year ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Behavior of NOAA Magnetic Field Calculators Near Geographic Poles

Lifted directly from ChatGPT (so consider the source): A magnetic polarity reversal would: Likely unfold over thousands of years. Cause ...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Trimble 4000SSI Site Surveyor

Don't forget that the firmware for this receiver can be upgraded to fix the 2019 WNRO problem, thanks to the outstanding talents of Keelan Lightfoot. ...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: What are the .sst files in Trimble baseline processing?

I peeked into one of the old .sst files I have, and among the binary characters are ASCII references to the vector DAT files, the WAVE version, the st...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: working below sea level

Interesting project! I did a tiny bit of work below sea level in the late '70s for a sewer line (108", as I recall) bore under Interstate 5 in the S...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: SurvCE Resection Failure

Yes, I'm resecting 1-man (I do everything 1-man). But I let the DC and the instrument handle all the pointing, so the flop glitch is happening somewh...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: SurvCE Resection Failure

Delving into the raw data I see what happened, though I don't know why: when I shot 15 during the resection, the DC recorded the direct reading as re...

1 year ago
Topic
Replies: 9
Views: 3014
Reply
RE: GRZ122 v. GRZ4

Maybe the MS60 has more power than my GeoMax, but on a 100°F day the GMP101 gets lost in the shimmer at half a mile, while the GPR1 will still return ...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: GRZ122 v. GRZ4

I don't know if your agency is cost-sensitive, but I have a genuine Leica GRZ4 that I'd let go for less than that difference. I got it in like-new co...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Been wondering what he's doing now

Right now I believe he's recovering from heart surgery. He's somewhat active on Facebook.

1 year ago
Reply
RE: False Point to Compensate for Distance Discrepancy

In my part of the world, that PLS 100 years in the future will find that my plat coordinates are about 6 feet off.

1 year ago
Reply
RE: GPS on roadway monuments - how bad of an idea is this?

Back in *my* early days we used to set up on the centerline of a railroad track and use the miles-long tangent for meridian. I always hated standing ...

1 year ago
Page 8 / 374