AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
jhframe
jhframe
@jim-frame
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: July 1, 2010 10:44 am
Last seen: October 10, 2026 7:12 am
Topics: 465 / Replies: 7012
Reply
RE: Single Total Station Instrument Setup Boundary Survey

As one might guess, the results of the smaller network are slightly tighter since the angles are contributing very little to the errors. (The one exc...

12 months ago
Reply
RE: Single Total Station Instrument Setup Boundary Survey

Maybe I'm missing something, but this seems like overkill. As a test, I set up a dummy network -- a square 1,000' on a side with an instrument point ...

12 months ago
Reply
RE: OPUS

John's links work on my system using Chrome, so I don't think it's a browser problem.

12 months ago
Reply
RE: Single Total Station Instrument Setup Boundary Survey

I guess I don't understand the question. If you can see all corners from one setup, why not just BS the first (always D/R), FS the second, BS the sec...

12 months ago
Reply
RE: Rover rods

I use the same rod for both TS and RTK: a Seco carbon-fiber unit with a standard screw-based friction lock.

12 months ago
Reply
RE: Optimistic Sellers

Slightly used? It looks like it was used to chop line.

1 year ago
Reply
RE: CAD File Request for Deadbeat Zombie Project

The one time this happened to me it was a $5k job. I sued in Small Claims Court and won, but the client was judgment proof. (The judge erred in barr...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: CAD File Request for Deadbeat Zombie Project

Offer to provide the CAD files for a fee. $15k ought to do it.

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Parcel info removed

Won't the current owner's name appear on the deed? I always pull the adjoiner deeds anyway to make sure there aren't any inconsistencies that need to...

1 year ago
Topic
Replies: 2
Views: 1890
Reply
RE: Jerry M. Davis

Sorry to hear. I had a few nice exchanges with Jerry after I posted about watching U2 touch-and-goes at Beale AFB.

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Additive Constant

I don't know if this is relevant to the discussion or not, but I recall reading something years ago about how the aging of some total station componen...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Question about Trimble S6 TS

The Parani system is a serial cable replacement -- a pair of them *should* look like a serial cable to both the S6 and the TSC3, unless Trimble has fi...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Importing vectors from geomax into starnet

The 0825stn.dat file appears to be a properly-formatted Star*Net vector file. I don't think the fact that it has a .dat extension instead of .gps is ...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Importing vectors from geomax into starnet

Star*Net typically wants GNSS vectors in its own *.gps format. If your GeoMax software is creating a Star*Net *.dat file, it may be exporting only co...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: New Star*net user

I think he means that after you've shot your monument, use the monument as the backsight point and then tie into another control point (in many cases,...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: New Star*net user

You're a better man than I. I do a lot of topo, and it's a rare day that I don't botch an HI or an HR or a description or a check point number (often...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: New Star*net user

I use this feature a lot to convert grid coordinates to ground coordinates with the orientation (basis of bearings) of a filed map. I only wish it al...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Radial Bearings - PC to Radius Point or Radius Point to PC?

For many decades Sacramento County, CA (which has thousands of filed subdivision maps) required only radius, chord bearing and chord distance to defin...

1 year ago
Page 6 / 374