AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
jhframe
jhframe
@jim-frame
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: July 1, 2010 10:44 am
Last seen: September 28, 2026 7:32 am
Topics: 465 / Replies: 7012
Reply
RE: Keep your eyes on your equipment!

I hate to see someone's working gear get stolen, but at the same time I'm amazed at how many crews will leave an RTK base unattended. Do they really ...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble TGO

Scott Partridge solved that problem for us on the RPLS.com board. You can find the instructions reposted [msg=20916]here[/msg].

15 years ago
Reply
RE: 6 Charged With Falsifying Concrete Test Results

About 15 years ago I got a phone call from a company located several counties south of me, saying that I had surveyed some monitoring wells for them a...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Promark 3 Receiver Antenna Type in Trimble TGO

> Is there a Receiver/Antenna type natively in TGO or do I need to define one?If you want to define one in TGO -- which I think you'll have to do -...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Plumb Bob Poll

16 oz. with regular Gammon reel. I use flagged nails in the top of 4' lath for backsights a fair amount, and I use the bob to tap in the nail, so lot...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: FLSA exemption

A quick reading of the DOL site suggests that the FLSA only applies to businesses engaged in interstate commerce. It looks to me like a survey busine...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Windows Explorer Alternatives

I've used FreeCommander for some years now, and like it a lot. It's my default file manager, though I usually end up with 3 or 4 instances of Windows...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Khan Academy

It's pretty cool what he's done. We know some folks whose kids are using the site now, and I'm hoping to get my son (13) into it as well.

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Geoid slope validation survey in Texas

That's a pretty big undertaking. Sounds interesting.

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Help Please - Trimble 4000SSi Configuration

Help Please - Trimble 4000SSi Configuration - Status Update> - The 4000MSK has 512KB of memory on the board for data logging, however if you press ...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Improved Measuring Capabilities?

> His rational is that a GPS "measurement" can not be defended in court, because you DID NOT measure the true line.I'd be interested in hearing him...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Pin Cushion

My guess is that the surveyor in responsible charge never gave the map more than a glance. He sent a crew out to do the job, a CAD tech laid the reco...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Hardware Lock

Have you installed the most recent driver from the lock manufacturer? I'm successfully running Star*Net on Windows 7 Pro 64-bit using the same parall...

15 years ago
Page 353 / 374