AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
jhframe
jhframe
@jim-frame
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: July 1, 2010 10:44 am
Last seen: September 28, 2026 7:32 am
Topics: 465 / Replies: 7012
Reply
RE: Can someone check a couple of RINEX files for me?

> There is another quite nice text editor called Notepad++When I replaced my computer a couple of months ago I finally (and reluctantly) said goodb...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Is this really FRKN necessary?

> Someone went out of their way to make it obnoxious. Could there be a story behind the paint? Did a client complain about not being able to find...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Geoid Slope Validation Project updates

I liked seeing photos of the leveling and GPS crews. However, it might be a good idea to switch them occasionally; the GPS crew clearly spends too mu...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Can you recommend a Dual Frequency Receiver?

> Jim it's not so much a reason why. It just happens to be that when upgrades to firmware are ended that those units are near the end of their exp...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Disgusted by POB Article on the Impossible Survey

> The article mentions rebar but the cap in the photo looks like a 3-1/2" cap on a 2" aluminum post so I'm not sure what they actually set.The arti...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Is this really FRKN necessary?

That's a pretty extreme example, and much of it was unnecessary. However, I've been part of quite a few height modernization campaigns in which the o...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Can you recommend a Dual Frequency Receiver?

> Most of the older units have firmware that is outdated and cant be upgraded anymore. Trimble released the last version of firmware for the 4000'...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Can you recommend a Dual Frequency Receiver?

> As for models, I have been looking consthe Ashtech Z-12, Z-sensor, and MicroZ, Ashtech Z-extreme, Trimble 4000 SSI and 5700, and Topcon GP-DX1.Th...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Steven Gardner

I'm kind of in shock. Steve is (was) my age, and even though we'd never met, I knew he was just a few miles away in the next county. Just last month...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Rates?

There's nothing illegal or unethical about posting your firm's chargeout rates. The Arkansas boys got in trouble because they conspired to fix prices...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: How to set a pipe monument FAST

> We backfilled it by tamping sack concrete in the hole with a little water. That thing will be solid.That's the way I set the steel channel fenc...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Accounting/Timekeeping Software

> I'd grumble about having to buy an annual tax update, but I think that's the case with all of them now.I stand corrected. I recently installed P...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Is this a good deal for a Trimble R8 VRS setup?

> Do you think this is legit and is a good deal?Legit? Probably. A good deal? Hard to say until the auction closes. The current bid often bears...

15 years ago
Page 352 / 374