AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
jhframe
jhframe
@jim-frame
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: July 1, 2010 10:44 am
Last seen: October 11, 2026 8:45 am
Topics: 465 / Replies: 7012
Reply
RE: Juniper Alegro CX

Old, but would make a good backup DC.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: QGIS & WMTS Imagery

this one points to your 3 in Sanborn (i looked and i think the were the same images from previous path, but did not look very hard) They *might* be...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: QGIS & WMTS Imagery

try above path That path appears to point to an ESRI dataset rather than the county's aerials, which are hosted by Sanborn. It's the county's Sanb...

3 years ago
Topic
Replies: 0
Views: 943
Topic
Replies: 14
Views: 1876
Reply
RE: Small Claims Court

I've filled in Small Claims 3 times in 30 years. Won twice, the third time the defendant paid after getting served. Of the two wins, I collected in ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: FCC Frequencies

But dug out an adl vantage from the back office room. Looked at the specs. 35w max, under 450mhz. Cool If it doesn't broadcast narrowband (12.5 kH...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: RTN elevation question - rookie

I guess yall have to track velocities often for a lot of jobs. I don't do any layout with the RTN, so I only use the numbers shown on the RTN DC fo...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: RTN elevation question - rookie

In addition to the above, you should visit the CRTN website and download the PDF references linked there, particularly the one detailing the differenc...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Professional Liability Insurance

Has anyone dealt with Assurance Risk Management and have any reviews on their coverage? I've been with ARM for 17 years (maybe longer, 2006 is the ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: The 1320th dumb question on Grid vs. Ground

The biggest takeaway from this thread is that there are many ways to screw this up. I don't like running with a scale factor other than 1 in my DC, s...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Ashtech Promark 2 Issue

You need to use a flag if you're running from the command line. From the tutorial: For native or receiver specific formats, an option flag may be n...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Ashtech Promark 2 Issue

I don’t think teqc does that? You need to process your Ashtech proprietary raw data in Ashtech Solutions or finagle them though its successor, Spectra...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Astronomic North and Computer/Online Programs

It's been over 20 years since I had to double-proportion anything, but I did the proportion in lat/long and then converted the result to SPC.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Tripod "Features" you don't want

When I was in the field, the main feature I looked for in a tripod was how well a 7-Eleven coffee cup balanced here.... That must have been awhile ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Tripod "Features" you don't want

There are easy fixes for all of these except the peeling plastic on what appears to be a low-end Nedo, but low-end tripods really aren't worth the bot...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Ashtech Promark 2 Issue

As described by daikini, it's a common problem with obsolescent equipment. The simple fix is to convert the data file to RINEX, change the dates in t...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: 1923 Gurley I Just Bought

I am going to try spider web As I recall, the spider web gets dusted with lampblack to provide contrast. (I've never replaced any crosshairs, I'm ...

4 years ago
Page 22 / 374