AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
jhframe
jhframe
@jim-frame
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: July 1, 2010 10:44 am
Last seen: October 11, 2026 8:45 am
Topics: 465 / Replies: 7012
Reply
RE: Leica TPS 1200 - Parani (COMM) connection without Geocom - Will it work?

RH1200 radios are very common on Ebay but a lot of them might be non-functional (lots listed "as-is" and/or "no returns). eBay is very buyer-centri...

4 years ago
Topic
4 years ago
Replies: 0
Views: 532
Topic
4 years ago
Replies: 5
Views: 686
Reply
RE: Loose caps on rebar

+1 on the rebar drivers, I carry both 5/8" and 3/4" versions in the truck. I only use 5/8" rebar, but I've found that some of them have an exaggerate...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: ALTA showing proposed billboard

I'd show it, with appropriate caveats about its status. It's something a title insurer would want to know about.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Loose caps on rebar

Which brand lasts the longest, in the sun? If they're in direct sunlight much of the time, any of them will eventually degrade. Around here we hav...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Pushing the limits of GPS accuracy using GPS Post processing

Zephyr series of antennas are supposed to be superior to the old choke ring Fun fact: a few years ago I bought 5 each Zephyr Geodetic antennas to ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Startup Business Advice

Choose your business name carefully. You'll be typing it a lot, so shorter is better.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Decimal minutes

Every once in a while I follow a surveyor that sometimes used degrees, minutes, decimal minutes instead of the usual degrees, minutes, seconds. I'v...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Bipod maintenance

SECO bipod legs seem to be adjustable in 13' increments I got fed up enough with the thumb adjusters a few years ago and made prototype fine adjust...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Bipod maintenance

Wish someone would have the bright idea and make them a foot up from the end You might want to try swapping out the washers for 2-piece shaft colla...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Favorite handhelds for recon and gathering waypoints

I use a Garmin eTrex 20. It's small, light and relatively inexpensive. And no longer available, apparently. The eTrex 10, at about $100, might be ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Who Originated the Acronym COGO?

COGO is an acronym for coordinate geometry Pedantic note: it's not an acronym, or even an initialization. It's some sort of bastardized shorthand...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Members Map

Ever notice how the North America on the left has a lot more members than the North America on the right?

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Happy Pi Day!

When my son was in junior high he memorized pi to 193 places, and Pi Day became a family tradition. We still observe it around here, though with less...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Server Upgrades today (2023-03-08) and tomorrow

it takes about 16 seconds for the home page of the website to load. I get about the same for the home page, but the Recent page -- which is the one...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Solo Operators dealing with injuries

I figure that some sort of age-related injury will probably be the thing that gets me to retire. So far I've dodged the bullet, with nothing more tha...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: California Survey Records

if ever county has survey records accessible and organized online like Tulare County, Regrettably, that's not the case. My home county (Yolo) has ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Jacob's staff foot

There will be a custom finger joint in the middle. A finger joint is going to be a weak spot. Compass staffs (staves?) take a lot of pressure at ...

4 years ago
Forum
Page 23 / 374