AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
james-fleming
james-fleming
@james-fleming
Free
Joined: July 2, 2010 7:42 am
Last seen: October 5, 2026 6:09 am
Topics: 289 / Replies: 5448
Reply
RE: "New" truck

When I was solo I ran out of a Jeep Grand Cherokee, but... I didn't do any construction staking, just boundary/topo surveys for engineering clients &a...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Frank Willis' Cover Story in August POB

Meh..photogrammetry is sooo 1990's. The cool kids are all using a combination of mobile mapping and low level (500') helicopter lidar. 😉

13 years ago
Reply
RE: LightSquared Investors Sue GPS Industry

> The dude "borrowed" $113M from his fund (at a rate lower than what the fund was paying as a borrower ... i.e., losing money) for personal use at ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Old time soloist still at it

Excellent timing for your return, less than a month until NHL preseason games

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Happy Monday!

Brian> Before the depression killed us here on MD's Eastern Shore....But on the other hand, at least you're on the better side of the bay bridge. ;...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Parcel areas

Parcel areas>Dave> I knew they had a manual....they just wouldn't share it with everyone else......They wanted us to think that they were some k...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Parcel areas

>...We have to be flexible.You just looked it up Colonial Manual of Surveying Instructions 😉

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Parcel areas

Around these here parts, "rd" in the acreage would be an abbreviation for roods

13 years ago
Reply
RE: AS Article "Survey On A Quad"

> In fact, It kind of seemed more of a thinly disguised Trimble Ad, but maybe that is just my cynical view! I had a rule when I was editing Profess...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Dots on cap

Just so you know> If you feel like it, check out the other place :)What other place?The only other place I know is www.Surveyor-Thomism.com and ove...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Pincushion, Where measurements count!!!!

> Having worked at that company for three days...That's all I really needed to read.

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Would you look any further?

The PLSS, a great system!> Somehow I don't think this is what Thomas Jefferson had in mind when he devised this system.Just when you devise a way t...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Things I hate

That's the way I roll. Where I work there are so many utilities on top of each other that there is no way to legibly label the inverts next to the st...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Locating Energy Vortexes

>I wonder who certifies vortex delineators?Chance are he's licensed in Vermont and is practicing illegally in New Hampshire.

13 years ago
Reply
RE: #$%^&*! Engineers

Constructible engineering plans are an anachronism.The job of the 21st century PE isn't to produce plans that can be built, it's to produce plans that...

13 years ago
Page 204 / 287