AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
james-fleming
james-fleming
@james-fleming
Free
Joined: July 2, 2010 7:42 am
Last seen: October 2, 2026 7:00 am
Topics: 289 / Replies: 5448
Reply
RE: Office Survey Position with The City of Redding CA

AStopper> Season starts soon! Yesterday I was telling a guy that when I walked to the office it smelled like the first day of trout season. I wou...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Office Survey Position with The City of Redding CA

AStopper> I wish they paid that well around here! Exactly what I do but twice the pay! :-OI'll take the fly fishing on Penn's Creek over Hat Cree...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Mortgage Surveys & Profitability

Sorry DerekI nearby claim this inevitability as "Fleming's Law"A corollary to Godwin's Law. 's_law

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Mortgage Surveys & Profitability

Sorry DerekSorry bout being so pedantic, but I'm a hardcore Ruskin fanboy. Tolstoy was understating when he said Ruskin was "one of the most remarka...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: One of my pet peeves

If that was a portion of a plat in Maryland, off screen you'd see the owners certification and signature stating that they assent to the plan shown. ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Office Survey Position with The City of Redding CA

Try clicking the link for the job details; the clicking the link that says "apply". Take you straight to the log in page to create an account

13 years ago
Reply
RE: NSPS ALTA/ACSM 2016 suggestions

Nope.But I was talking to a title attorney who does A LOT of big commercial properties in D.C. and we both thought there has to be a way to bring repr...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Project Management

First you rule the Gantt chart....then the Gantt chart rules you. 😉

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Dumb question?

I like my guys to use a generic code for the field to finish symbol and then describe the monument in a field book. It's hard to put: 5/8" capped J...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Project Management

brbrbrbr>I use vision, but we haven't really explored the PM functionality in depth; I use it more to track time and billing and use microsoft project...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Software for scheduling fieldwork?

We just have excel spreadsheets for the field and office staff stored on the admin drive and everyone has shortcuts on their desktop.

13 years ago
Reply
RE: How can these guys use Drones commercially?

> It's called rolling the dice.Sort of like the percentage of surveyors who actually get right of entry permits to enter onto railroad property.

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Dual Monitors

Triple MonitorsComing soon to the new and improved FS ExamQ: Solve For Desktop Monitor Minimum Efficient Scale

13 years ago
Reply
RE: The business of Scanning about to change?!?

CliffHave you worked with any of the software from Photo Mess Systeme?I tried to get my "contacts" at Professional Surveyor to snag me a copy of some ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: The business of Scanning about to change?!?

Client: "So, will your 3D model include the steel on the underside of the bridge and the rail overhead catenary system at a quality level sufficient f...

13 years ago
Page 191 / 287