AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
james-fleming
james-fleming
@james-fleming
Free
Joined: July 2, 2010 7:42 am
Last seen: October 2, 2026 7:00 am
Topics: 289 / Replies: 5448
Reply
RE: Suits

>...you would be looked at a some kinda weirdo wearing one to work or for a meeting in a surveying office. We're a little more formal around here. ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Suits

> My understanding, from a Dennis Mouland seminar, is that suits and ties are common in east coast survey offices.How I roll:Big Proposal Dog &...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: PLSS questions about your home territory

> For your specific neighborhood, how often do you encounter what you believe to be an original monument set by the Government survey crew? We've ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: residential layout

> Chapter 3 has all the answers . OMGDouble your fees before you get to Chapter 7 😀

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Favorite Tool-

Look to me like the Florida law specifically mentions that the right of entry does not constitute trespass. I would suggest that removing a hinge or l...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Favorite Tool-

>Personally, I would rather unscrew a hinge or latch rather than use the bolt cuttershowever, this subsection does not give authority to registrant...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Favorite Tool-

Not sure where you are but.....Under the common law principle of curtilage, some state courts have held that enclosed locked yards appurtenant to a dw...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Dyslexia

Transpositions Are Not Dyslexia> Good to know all this time I've be tranpositive....Not that there's anything wrong with it [flash width=420 height...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Project Tracking

> I am reminded of an engineer from years ago that spent all is time in the project planner software he never got any work done.My utilization rat...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: field work-hourly rate versus lump sum (or fixed fee)

> We bill hourly for construction layout. I cant imagine doing that another way. I have some construction clients that require a hard number in t...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Stream Profiles in Rapids or near Falls

Shhh don't let anyone know but....> Didn't know they could fly underwater.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: What do you think about being called a survey engineer?

> Nope. Just Engineer as it says on our license. "Professional Engineer" It is up to the Engineers to practice within their experience.Better turn...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: field work-hourly rate versus lump sum (or fixed fee)

I think an added bonus on projects where municipalities and agencies set an upside cap to the overhead and profit multipliers is that I'm incentivized...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: What do you think about being called a survey engineer?

> That is kind of ridiculous. The majority of people who graduate from college with a degree in engineering do not obtain a PE. Perhaps a PE is mor...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: field work-hourly rate versus lump sum (or fixed fee)

Most of my work is from multi-year IDIQ service contracts where the hourly rate is negotiated at the time the contract is put in place then the budget...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: There ya go

I sure hope they set up the site so that Ebay auction sniping software works on it; That way I can undercut the bids at the last minute and walk away ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: What do you think about being called a survey engineer?

>I have to admit that seeing the term brought about negative feelings on some visceral level, although I'm not sure why?And why do you think you fe...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Why so much dislike of construction surveying?

I'm saying that most unlicensed site engineers for construction companies make well into six figures and most licensed surveyors doing boundary work a...

12 years ago
Page 180 / 287