AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
james-fleming
james-fleming
@james-fleming
Free
Joined: July 2, 2010 7:42 am
Last seen: October 2, 2026 7:00 am
Topics: 289 / Replies: 5448
Reply
RE: Face, Back, or both?

I take surviving measurements of curbs at the back and flow line. I don't use colloquialisms like "tie" lest someone mistakenly believe that I was at...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Colloquialisms have no place in precision work.

You know, I pride myself on making a good faith attempt at being the most erudite, elitist, snobbish bastard on this message board and even I find thi...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Curiousity killed the cat...

I know of a surveyor who discovered a gap between patents. As the state courts here have determined that a valid patent from the land office of the c...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Has anyone had issues with thunderstorms and GPS?

Gavin the science guy will probably show up shortly to contradict me, but from my limited understanding:Lightning generated electromagnetic interferen...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Autodesk - End of Perpetual License

Stand alone AutoCADs days are numbered. Design software is less than half of Autodesk's business (the rest being industrial manufacturing and special ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: US50

1.3 billionI'm not working on Capitol Crossing, but my firm is working on the Union Station redevelopment where they are going build above the rail ya...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: US50

> On Monday I drove on US50 from Ocean City, MD to Washington, D.C. (specifically to the left turn into the I-395 tunnel).They are getting ready to...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Land survey gone horribly wrong

If you purchased your property since the law was changed about fifteen years ago (I would have too look up the exact date) then the surveyor who prepa...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: WORST surveying equipment ever used

> or data collection fluidI keep an old Allegro around the office to show the accountants when they start to question my credit card receipts

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Wacky Field Practices by Party Chiefs

> I have also heard of chiefs just slamming a rod or two on a lot in the "general" vicinity of where the corner should have gone and calling it fou...

11 years ago
Page 153 / 287