AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
imaudigger
imaudigger
@imaudigger
Free
Joined: February 12, 2013 3:43 pm
Topics: 163 / Replies: 2794
Reply
RE: Finding monuments buried deep

Why would a surveyor hesitate to set a new monument at the surface and document this by filing a corner record?Is it considered taking on un-necessary...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: What can't you use pink ribbon for?

You can fix a leaking garden faucet with pink flagging.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Google Earth, DEM's and elevations

I have found that they sometimes utilize information that is not the same as the USGS DEM. Not sure where they get the data. It's a mosaic from many s...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: What type of monument is it.

Call it what it is...2 1/4" dia. steel monument w/protruding 1" dia. steel top.It looks like it may be a portion of an old driveshaft. They were fairl...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Wild Hogs - sorry no pics

Kris Morgan, post: 408991, member: 29 wrote: That is one of my favorite meals in the winter. I love Racoon. It's a dark sweet meat that is awesome i...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Traverse Adjustment in Carlson

Mark Mayer, post: 408959, member: 424 wrote: That's pretty cool. But at some point somebody said "This office has a system going back to 1880. It seem...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Wild Hogs - sorry no pics

Wild hog injuries are pretty serious looking (according to Google). I'd spend the rest of my life getting revenge if I was attacked.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Traverse Adjustment in Carlson

Mark Mayer, post: 408946, member: 424 wrote: I used to write all the traverse data in the field book, although I've always (at least since c1997, when...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Traverse Adjustment in Carlson

Mark Mayer, post: 408925, member: 424 wrote: The data in StarNet format:I don't have the SurvCE converter, but in this case my TDS converter worked. I...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Traverse Adjustment in Carlson

Jimmy Cleveland, post: 408914, member: 91 wrote: Interesting, I usually adjust everything at one time. Is there a benefit of adjusting separately?Prob...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Traverse Adjustment in Carlson

Are you getting the same answer when you manually check the closure?For example, is Carlson reporting the same angular error that you would get if you...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Digging for "Gold"

I see settlement marks in the asphalt where someone else dug the monument up. They made a larger hole than you.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Out of state surveyor

reido99, post: 408794, member: 1068 wrote: He does ok work. Just kind of pissed that he can take work away from me and not have to pass the state exa...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Wild Hogs - sorry no pics

Tom Adams, post: 408781, member: 7285 wrote: Hangin' with the cat.....must be Pep̩ Le Pew.This skunk doesn't smell too bad....I remember Pep̩ Le Pew h...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Out of state surveyor

Does he do shoddy work or is it just the additional competition that you don't like?

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Wild Hogs - sorry no pics

Ahh...the phobia comes out!I was wondering because I have never really figured skunks as a hazard while surveying (unless working around culverts). Th...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Wild Hogs - sorry no pics

Monte, post: 408731, member: 11913 wrote: I carry a sidearm, as much for skunks as hogs, and as much for other undesirables I might find. Umm...you sh...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Wild Hogs - sorry no pics

paden cash, post: 408604, member: 20 wrote: Having seen wild hogs in all their glory, I don't think I'd touch one unless I first ran it through the tr...

10 years ago
Page 28 / 148