AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
hpalmer
hpalmer
@hpalmer
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 8, 2010 12:51 pm
Last seen: October 3, 2026 1:29 pm
Topics: 53 / Replies: 458
Reply
RE: working for firm where owner was not licensed

@not-my-real-name I should have said engineering firm. I do not think Texas required owner to be licensed. There was a flood of DBE and WBE firms ob...

2 months ago
Topic
Reply
RE: Fess up if you have done something similar

mid 80's, had title company provide an address for a survey in a subdivision. We surveyed the lot with the address and provided plat of survey with s...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: What is everyone using for networking ?

we have a netgear poe switch, synology nas, Leica GR30 rtn broadcasting rt corrections, printer, scanner, poe ip phones, poe cameras, desktop workstat...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: CYA

~1998 and a new jail - hand drafted by Structural Engineer and Architects by one firm but in separate offices. Pre-stressed roof panels built and on-...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Mark Deal

from paden-cash:: Mark Deal. Mark had a sore on his back that wouldn't heal. His GP gave him some antibiotic ointment. The sore eventually healed to a...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: What was posted this date in 1996 '97.. on rpls.com?

and from the first year to include Mark Deal's first post on 5/22/1996 - fyi, the links do not work and you need to use the wayback machine as posted ...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: What was posted this date in 1996 '97.. on rpls.com?

for the above link, you need to use the wayback machine from post above. Just fyi, Broadus post was: Posted by Jerry Broadus on July 04, 1996 at 01...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: What Happened to SMI/Eagle Point?

@gary_g - the cover of the EduCalc catalog has an MCII - I still have mine with programs written by Terry Nygaard who sometimes posts here.

4 months ago
Reply
RE: What was posted this date in 1996 '97.. on rpls.com?

Database has value but only if viewed. Was hoping for a way to drum up interest on this site. Huge amount of subject matter with much being relevant...

4 months ago
Topic
Reply
RE: An honest update about the future of RPLS.com

like many here, I am a holdover from Mark Deal days. I have learned a lot from RPLS.com in these 30 yrs - agree w/cow is better education than most c...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Leica CF Cards - MCF256 or MCF32 for a 2006 Leica System1200 GX1230 receiver ?

Look for a sandisk extreme or industrial or something like that. Leica used sandisk and may still use them.

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Using AI in your survey workflow

Thanks for posting and agree there are lots of opportunities to incorporate AI into our professional work. I think I wrote something a year or so ago...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: Retirement six years later.

After over 50 years surveying and construction, I still like what I do and I have a few good clients, some I have with over 30 yrs institutional knowl...

7 months ago
Reply
RE: GeoMax Pulls Out of U.S. Market?

@cvt “When was the equipment you used last serviced?” If that question, I would say we service it every evening when we bring back to office. the...

7 months ago
Reply
RE: GPS beginning

She was local but I never met her - my loss - such a humble and smart lady.

9 months ago
Reply
RE: Storm

@williwaw Is that your clothesline blowing in the wind?

10 months ago
Reply
RE: Seeking Surveyor – Elevation/Metes & Bounds for FEMA Floodplain Removal – Atlanta GA

I think QB2025 has the scope of services correct. I provided legal descriptions for many properties with and without structures to delineate more cl...

11 months ago
Page 2 / 26