Trimble Business Center — Have confidence in your data. Start free trial.

AI Assistant
Leica CF Cards - MC...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Leica CF Cards - MCF256 or MCF32 for a 2006 Leica System1200 GX1230 receiver ?

3 Posts
2 Users
1 Reactions
1,053 Views
SteveH
(@steveh)
Posts: 6
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

I have searched this forum with the AI assistant's help on this subject but can only see very high volume 1GB compact flash cards mentioned.

I expect this is a well worn old enquiry path I am taking gentlemen, so I beg your patience please. 

These Leica flash cards, and as mentioned in the search results,  are very expensive and there is some advice on the www that states a Leica branded MCF 256 flash card is essential for reliable fomating and subsequent data storage.  But also the www suggested that the lower volume MCF32 may give "better" performance.

I tried a cheap 256MB FC price £17 and although my pc recognises it the Leica GX1230 refuses to recognise and format the card.

Looks like I need to buy an MCF256 ?

These are priced in the UK between £140 and £190 plus 20% VAT.  The MCF32 is a similar price.

 


 
Posted : May 16, 2026 11:33 am
hpalmer
(@hpalmer)
Posts: 511
Member P&R, Founder
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Look for a sandisk extreme or industrial or something like that.  Leica used sandisk and may still use them.


 
Posted : May 17, 2026 3:15 pm
1
SteveH
(@steveh)
Posts: 6
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

@hpalmer  Thank you.  This is very helpful.


 
Posted : May 18, 2026 6:42 am