AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
hpalmer
hpalmer
@hpalmer
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 8, 2010 12:51 pm
Last seen: October 3, 2026 1:29 pm
Topics: 53 / Replies: 458
Reply
RE: Quotes about Error

Charlie Glover used to randomly stop by my office smiling asking "hey, you got 10 minutes?". Most always turned into an afternoon and hours sometimes...

1 day ago
Reply
RE: Access easement question

agree, record one plat with the easement, simultaneously to or prior to, and all other conveyances will be subject to same who is going to/responsib...

3 days ago
Reply
RE: new way to scan

Had new cabinets installed in 1800's house and vendor scanned for the countertop. I watched and asked questions. When I got countertop back, it fit ...

2 weeks ago
Reply
RE: When a fence disagrees with your math, what goes on the plat?

civil society - boundary line agreement neighbors who do not like each other - guns or litigation

2 weeks ago
Reply
RE: When a fence disagrees with your math, what goes on the plat?

Boundary plat should show the calls in the deed plus what you find in the field to include conflicts, fences, monuments, and potential rights of other...

3 weeks ago
Reply
RE: Florida will let your crew sit for the exam if you sign a letter. Would you?

I am not in Florida so do not know about their professional responsibilities. I am in Virginia and would sign as appropriate with Virginia APELSCIDLA...

3 weeks ago
Reply
RE: When a fence disagrees with your math, what goes on the plat?

ok, I'll bite. I survey mostly in a colonial state. I show both the fence and the calls in the deed (legal description) provided for the subject pro...

3 weeks ago
Reply
RE: Thence south 00 degrees 38 minutes 52 seconds east, 1284.36 feet along a fence

@gary_g good point. The fence line - I would give my Client the benefit and measure at right angles to the 4mil bldg to the outermost part of the fen...

1 month ago
Reply
RE: Bizare block design--old town plats

most blocks in older cities in Colonial states (specifically here in Virginia) had simple designs with many 4-lots per block with adjacent roads. ...

1 month ago
Reply
RE: One Man Crew Fun

@landbutcher464mhz and water levels rise with florida's rains. And as you point out, measurements to the hundredth are 'significantly' misleading. W...

1 month ago
Reply
Reply
1 month ago
Reply
RE: Question about RTN Field Procedure

Agree with how good these units and their algorithms have gotten. I always ask field to check into previous data first, then depending on topo vs bou...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: An honest update about the future of RPLS.com

One's valuable information, give it to someone else and it is twice as valuable and if they give to others it becomes exponential valuable. Good move...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: What benefits do courts provide to society?

just looked up the Caroline County issue: On April 19, 2004, in Caroline County, Virginia, lawyer and cattle breeder John Frederick Ames shot and k...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: What benefits do courts provide to society?

Caroline County, VA about 20 years ago - Virginia has an agriculture fence law that says if one owner puts up a fence, the adjacent owner need pay hal...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: What benefits do courts provide to society?

I have faith in our judicial system. May not agree with many opinions, but I respect same. I like to think of the 3 branches of government, that cou...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: How do you walk someone through your boundary reasoning?

we generally start with the title commitment or legal description and then work backwards, obtain copies of the adjoining parcels. Maybe call to have...

2 months ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Schonstedt over the other brands.

@bill93 "Anyone have a clue as to what in it could have degraded if it still nominally works?" The boards are well made. I think there are some di...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: working for firm where owner was not licensed

@holy-cow I can relate. There are net worth thresholds for such firms and when they meet them, they need to drop out.

2 months ago
Page 1 / 26