Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: August 1, 2026 10:01 am
Holy Cow, post: 394253, member: 50 wrote: Uh hum, FYI, all good surveyors pack a shovel everywhere they go. An hour or so of serious digging should p...
Robert Hill, post: 394175, member: 378 wrote: So besides piszing on these stones...What else do you do toFurther identify themIn the field Robert,Sin...
One last bearing rock (well, there is one more nearby but I won't post about it). This time the bearing rock is a quartz-biotite gneiss. Finding the...
And here is the fourth bearing rock on the other end line, the accessory to Cor. No. 4, MS 17480.For RADAR and Nate, the close-up shows a ruby-red dim...
RADAR, post: 394082, member: 413 wrote: That's a mighty big "rock" you got there Gene; where's the dimple? ;):cool: Dimples are for desert-reptile w...
The first two bearing rocks in this thread are 630 ft. and 300 ft. down the hill from this bearing rock (same survey). No matter the sun angle, this ...
Jerry,There's this 92 page publication from 1978, "Selected computations of astronomical observations"
Scott Zelenak, post: 393851, member: 327 wrote: Better than the schist I deal with all day.:laughing: Well, here's a tranquilized banded schist that ...
Loyal, post: 393254, member: 228 wrote: Well Leon, I'm actually hope to see the 60 years of practice milestone (or beyond), cause when I quit working,...
Don't know why I can't edit the previous post to add a couple of photos....oh, well.From today's outing, a close-up and photo of Cor. No. 3, Social Fu...
flyin solo, post: 392940, member: 8089 wrote: is the issue here not whether or not to carry elevations for your (or a colleague's) future reference, b...
John Hamilton, post: 392907, member: 640 wrote: Gene: wow, extreme case! Yep, and elevations are important to show that movement.As for traversing, I...
Congrats, Loyal. I started out on a K&E Paragon and cut chain on a 4-man crew for the NE Dept. of Roads in 1973.Hang in there and some day you mi...
John,Since I work in mountainous terrain I use ellipsoidal heights instead of ortho heights. The geoid separations have varied by over a meter in som...
You might have an additional variable today, Loyal. The Kp index is showing some continued impact (Boulder station Kp = 4) from interaction between t...
So are those larch or aspen turning up high?Ah, to be the owner of that HES.
Ken Salzmann, post: 390826, member: 398 wrote: The lettering is very well done, and those appear to be very hard stones. Do you know what they used t...
MightyMoe, post: 390809, member: 700 wrote: Nice!!!are they after gold? Initially, this area was first mined for placer gold. The old mining camp Bu...