AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Gene Kooper
Gene Kooper
@gene-kooper
Free
Joined: May 6, 2015 9:42 pm
Last seen: August 1, 2026 10:01 am
Topics: 95 / Replies: 1244
Reply
RE: A Quartz Monzonite Porphyry Stone at 12,860

Holy Cow, post: 390790, member: 50 wrote: One might notice a complete absence of trees. Apparently they need oxygen to survive.Cow,Tree line is appro...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: A Quartz Monzonite Porphyry Stone at 12,860

flyin solo, post: 390769, member: 8089 wrote: here's a look down the other side of bross. that lake is at 11,000'. not sure why i stopped to take th...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: A Quartz Monzonite Porphyry Stone at 12,860

Kent McMillan, post: 390721, member: 3 wrote: Is the idea that the corpulent surveyors have an easier time surveying these stones? Hard to imagine tha...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: A Quartz Monzonite Porphyry Stone at 12,860

paden cash, post: 390713, member: 20 wrote: Thanks for the photos Gene. I spent some of my childhood in Buena Vista and got very familiar with the loc...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: A Quartz Monzonite Porphyry Stone at 12,860

Jim Frame, post: 390677, member: 10 wrote: 12,860 is getting up there. At what altitude did you leave the truck, and how far away? :DHere's a pictur...

10 years ago
Topic
Replies: 28
Views: 1174
Reply
RE: Wild Theodolite

John Margaroni, post: 389878, member: 12076 wrote: To Gene Kooper,The hot shoe needs a two pole hot shoe connector. John,I started a conversation wit...

10 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Wild Theodolite

I have a DI-1000 in my storage unit along with the manual and a telescope mounting bracket. I would be hard pressed to find four mounting screws for ...

10 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Colorado DORA

Congrats Andy. One miscellaneous thing you won't have to worry about is keeping track of CEUs.

10 years ago
Topic
Forum
Replies: 3
Views: 1001
Reply
RE: Reliability of OPUS derived elevations on mountain peaks

I've been trying to explain to the folks of a mountain county that using GPS ellipsoid heights and geoid separations is not a good idea for floodplain...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: OPUS Projects Webinar

For those who didn't participate in the Forum here are a couple of links to the webinar and Q&A PDF.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Tunnel level loop

Leon,My underground survey work was for hard-rock mines so may not be wholly applicable. The mining company supplied the personal protection gear (ha...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: A tale of two cases and the rules of priority:

Dave Karoly, post: 382299, member: 94 wrote: In refusing to hold the OHWM over the meander line the Court remarked in Hyman v. Haun, 191 Cal. App. 2d ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: OPUS Projects Webinar

Jim, I usually do session processing with the rapid orbits. When the precise orbits are available I pull up the old rapid solution and resubmit. No ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Always read the "field notes"

Hmmm....the Denver Regional Archives has this entry for the Utah BLM holdings, "General Letters Received. April 1855 - May 1889", which includes "Let...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: OPUS Projects - Deleting Marks & Sessions

Jim, As you say, it doesn't impact the project. The only way I got rid of the artifacts was the very inelegant solution of starting a new project, re...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: OPUS Projects - Deleting Marks & Sessions

I've had the same issues crop up, Jim. IIRC, my issue with "a001" happened after I tried to clean things up and "a001" was somehow created. I believ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Mineral Survey and PLSS Manuals of Instruction for Sale

Thanks Buckley and Jim! To sweeten the pot regarding the mineral survey manuals, if someone ends up purchasing several (or all) of the mineral survey ...

10 years ago
Forum
Topic
Forum
Replies: 0
Views: 1044
Page 64 / 67