AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Gene Kooper
Gene Kooper
@gene-kooper
Free
Joined: May 6, 2015 9:42 pm
Last seen: August 1, 2026 10:01 am
Topics: 95 / Replies: 1244
Reply
RE: Handling inaccuracy and the positions of existing monuments

FrancisH, post: 399968, member: 10211 wrote: Now this is what's bothering me with your system. It's surveyed in 1990s, maybe using a theodolite? With ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Handling inaccuracy and the positions of existing monuments

FrancisH, post: 399961, member: 10211 wrote: Oh great, I also forgot that the Earth also rotates around the sun that also rotates around the galaxy th...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Handling inaccuracy and the positions of existing monuments

Dave Karoly, post: 399946, member: 94 wrote: The point of my diagram was to exaggerate in order to illustrate Mulford's point.In the U.S. physical bou...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Handling inaccuracy and the positions of existing monuments

FrancisH, post: 399949, member: 10211 wrote: well I have something to tell you that you may not realize it yet.....The Job Of A Surveyor (Professional...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Handling inaccuracy and the positions of existing monuments

Jim in AZ, post: 399935, member: 249 wrote: I've been sitting this one out, but I have to speak up now and congratulate Francis on being the WORLDS BE...

10 years ago
Topic
Replies: 11
Views: 2138
Reply
RE: Handling inaccuracy and the positions of existing monuments

Tom Adams, post: 399863, member: 7285 wrote: What if a guy is indeed a retired land surveyor who you (we) are telling has been surveying wrong all of...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Handling inaccuracy and the positions of existing monuments

Mark Mayer, post: 399849, member: 424 wrote: Please stop feeding the troll. It took you until page 31 to say that? 🙂

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Handling inaccuracy and the positions of existing monuments

FrancisH, you are incapable of grasping sarcasm. Poor bunny.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Handling inaccuracy and the positions of existing monuments

Why, yes FrancisH I think you finally understand my dilemma! Let me further prop up your argument (and support David's post) by quoting the last line...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Handling inaccuracy and the positions of existing monuments

FrancisH, post: 399797, member: 10211 wrote: I am just selecting those 3 monuments that have higher precision of position when compared to their deed...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Handling inaccuracy and the positions of existing monuments

Warren Smith, post: 399810, member: 9900 wrote: It's funny - I'm attending a Jeff Lucas seminar tomorrow. Francis represents the ultimate argument in...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Handling inaccuracy and the positions of existing monuments

I realize that I'm late to the game arguing with FrancisH, but hey, it is the longest thread.I only deal with mineral surveys in Colorado Francis, so ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Handling inaccuracy and the positions of existing monuments

Actually FrancisH, there are numerous examples of cm-level accuracy done by U.S. [Deputy] Mineral Surveyors back in the "old" days. I doubt that many...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Handling inaccuracy and the positions of existing monuments

FrancisH, post: 399659, member: 10211 wrote: It's like present doctors cutting off your foot because of gangrene because this was what doctors 200 yea...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveyors Writing About Surveying

Paul Reid shared this with me several years ago. It is a diary of Harley Nettleton, a chainman on the 1883 Fairfield survey party in northwestern Neb...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Original Stone Monument

Kewl. It's not often that you see chiseled letters with serifs!Where did you find this? And what is the rock type?

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Adverse Possession in PLSS

Oops, nevermind. Sorry, Loyal. My previous post is not related to your case, but rather to a 1928 Congressional act. A little after Teddy's time. I...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Adverse Possession in PLSS

For those that have never run into this, here is the statute. It has been revised.43 U.S. Code å¤ 1068 - Lands held in adverse possession; issuance o...

10 years ago
Page 62 / 67