AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Gene Kooper
Gene Kooper
@gene-kooper
Free
Joined: May 6, 2015 9:42 pm
Last seen: August 1, 2026 10:01 am
Topics: 95 / Replies: 1244
Topic
Replies: 60
Views: 1896
Reply
RE: Excuse me, but you just stepped in...

Dave Karoly, post: 437156, member: 94 wrote: I wrote west boundary when I meant east boundary, knew I would do that but I did it anyway. We knew what...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Binger'ed

gschrock, post: 437145, member: 556 wrote: Totally cool.But was the post leaning, and did you compute its centroid?You might have to pull it out and r...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Binger'ed

Yes, the definition of to binger is to unequivocally state that a corner is 51.0 feet away from itself!Also, see U.S. Deputy Mineral Surveyor required...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Excuse me, but you just stepped in...

My first reply relied on your statement that 7 of 8 corners were found (I presumed they were either the original GLO corners or documented perpetuatio...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Excuse me, but you just stepped in...

In the Hasenyager case, the BLM initially ruled against the land owners. They had to appeal to the Interior Board of Land Appeals. Once the decision...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Excuse me, but you just stepped in...

A couple of idle thoughts for your consideration, clearcut. First, I'd contact the new CA Cadastral Chief and have a long chat. The 1963-1970 depend...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: In 1965, when he was 23.

Dave Karoly, post: 437003, member: 94 wrote: Hey who is that guy? Oh, just some kid's grandpa. That was a fun visit, Dave.

9 years ago
Reply
RE: In 1965, when he was 23.

Kent McMillan, post: 436972, member: 3 wrote: Okay, are the ROCKS you find marking corners real old, too? Most of Central Texas lays upon limestone la...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: In 1965, when he was 23.

A Colorado diversion of stone mounds and bearing trees.My old pup Nathan was excited to show me a Texas stone mound, but it was only a Texas-sized sto...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Certification or Licensing

Gene Kooper, post: 436769, member: 9850 wrote: Well, no problem with agreeing to disagree. I don't think my position is horrible and it should defini...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Certification or Licensing

Gene Kooper, post: 436551, member: 9850 wrote: I can see the diagnostic tool being used as a weapon against a licensee should they face a lawsuit. Th...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: In 1965, when he was 23.

paden cash, post: 436603, member: 20 wrote: Resetting a corner and then looking for the bearing trees must be some of that Texas surveying us Okies co...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: In 1965, when he was 23.

Kent McMillan, post: 436572, member: 3 wrote: Once the rebuilt mound has weathered a bit, it will give some future surveyor a chance to see what an in...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Certification or Licensing

thebionicman, post: 436573, member: 8136 wrote: Which is all a non-problem if it's confidential and tied to exam security. All I can add is that the ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Certification or Licensing

thebionicman, post: 436478, member: 8136 wrote: So far I have only seen one remotely valid argument against giving passing examinees a diognostic repo...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Leaf Identification Quiz

paden cash, post: 436466, member: 20 wrote: When I was a kid leaf identification was paramount: Sadly, that is now the State Leaf for Maine, Massac...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: In 1965, when he was 23.

Scott Ellis, post: 436430, member: 7154 wrote: Gene, What are you trying to ask? I feel you are grasping at something that is nothing. In Texas a...

9 years ago
Page 48 / 67