AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
geeoddmike
geeoddmike
@geeoddmike
Free
Joined: September 19, 2010 1:58 pm
Topics: 188 / Replies: 1368
Reply
RE: Vertical Datumns, OPUS, FEMA

A few quick comments.1. I hope that NGS will add a FAQ about the issue of what orthometric heights are provided in the Virgin Islands. I cannot find r...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Vertical Datumns, OPUS, FEMA

While located via the link provided above, this graphic might be more helpful. Drat it's in those pesky "feet"...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Vertical Datumns, OPUS, FEMA

Same process, different island...For tidal data on 1381 A (actually 9751381A) go to: There are other tidal benchmarks published by CO-OPS in the area ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Vertical Datumns, OPUS, FEMA

The two links below provide information about vertical datums and other related topics.This is a link to a tool allowing the user to find information ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: New leveling technique in Russia

I guess I am more practical minded. Another source on relativistic geodesy relevant to the determination of potential differences is: Look at all tha...

9 years ago
Topic
Replies: 7
Views: 1040
Reply
RE: Cors vs. RTX-PP

Shawn Billings, post: 422668, member: 6521 wrote: Strange. The transformation parameters don't look like enough to produce the difference in positions...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Cors vs. RTX-PP

Bill93, post: 422658, member: 87 wrote: I ran one of my RINEX files through Trimble RTX-PP and compared to what I got with OPUS-RS (rapid orbits), and...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Control point

philos, post: 422278, member: 12630 wrote: thanks you for your message,Mark Mayer : we want to start a new mining projet in africa (DRC). what i want ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Control point

Howdy,To supplement the other postings, I provide the following verified links and some additional detail. It is possible to determine a position anyw...

9 years ago
Topic
Replies: 1
Views: 934
Reply
RE: today's EBay find

Refinements...Interesting that when first envisioned it was linked to the dimensions of the earth. Now, like everything else, it has become more abstr...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: today's EBay find

Interesting history of its evolving definition... Copied from the NGS Geodetic Glossary

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Vertical Control

From:NOS HYDROGRAPHIC SURVEYS SPECIFICATIONS AND DELIVERABLESMarch 2016USDOC/NOAAThe determination of an ellipsoid height is hardly the only requireme...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Dynamic Heights vs. Orthometric Heights Differences

The best compilation of information about different height systems is this: The quote was intended as a reminder that all geometric heighting is non-u...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Vertical Control

Having been traveling most of the day, I did not get a change to either respond or research issues related to tidal heights and their relationship to ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Vertical Control

BTW, isn't Alaska part of the US?

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Vertical Control

JOHN NOLTON, post: 420254, member: 225 wrote: Above in GeeOddMike post (note: when i looked at post by this person I always thought it was " Gee Old M...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Vertical Control

Finally remembered how to convert a TIFF to JPG. Image taken from Dr. Smith's presentation linked in prior post. Same as PDF above.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Vertical Control

Lots of good discussion in this site's archives on the WGS84 v NAD83 v ITRF and related issues. In short, assertions that one has an WGS84 height requ...

10 years ago
Page 45 / 78