AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
geeoddmike
geeoddmike
@geeoddmike
Free
Joined: September 19, 2010 1:58 pm
Topics: 188 / Replies: 1368
Reply
RE: Best tool for calculating distance between two points over very different epochs?

MathTeacher, post: 455179, member: 7674 wrote: Fascinating concept. The sea level distance, 35,373.21 meters, is the ellipsoidal distance on the Clark...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Bench Mark Stability

See: The NGS description software includes defaults for the variety of monument types. With the inclusion of monument photos it is easier to determine...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: NGS Data Sheets, Dynamic Heights, Geoid 12A/B

Bill93, post: 454042, member: 87 wrote: That's for the data sheets. But remember that any calculation of those values from a GNSS-derived ellipsoidal...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: NGS Data Sheets, Dynamic Heights, Geoid 12A/B

My response (not using your numbering):1. Regarding your starting comment: No. The Dynamic Height listed on the NGS Data Sheet is not listed as GEOID1...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: TROPOSPHERIC MODELS USED IN DIFFERENT NETWORK ADJUSTMENT SOFTWARE PACKAGES

Correctly estimating the impact of the wet part of the troposphere remains a significant impediments to achieving accurate ellipsoid heights using GNS...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: TROPOSPHERIC MODELS USED IN DIFFERENT NETWORK ADJUSTMENT SOFTWARE PACKAGES

I would expect that the user manuals would at least list the model used or those available.As for the government/university tropo modeling and the rel...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Need Help Getting Orbit Info

Try NGA at: Oops. They have updated their site and have a new page at: Ephemerides are linked from bottom of this page.BTW, The Ohio State University...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: The 3-D Global Spatial Data Model: Principles and Applications, Second Edition

He has a site with corrections at: You can also submit error reports.I guess he no longer has academic slaves (i.e. graduate students).

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Static GPS

A strong statement indeed. Equally strong is the assertion that a SBP including all possible baselines (n!/2(n-2)!) baselines is equivalent to a MBP (...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Static GPS

Another paper to consider is here: BTW, I posted without comment an extract from Prof Dr Gunther Seeber's text: "Satellite Geodesy." I did so to highl...

9 years ago
Reply
Reply
RE: Static GPS

Dr Craymer's paper mentioned above is available from his new (to me) website at: Lots of good stuff.BTW, briefly reviewing the postings, I note thebio...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Engineering Surveying/Deformation Conference

John Hamilton, post: 446343, member: 640 wrote: When I went to Helsinki in May/June I stayed at Finlandia Park Hotel. It was not in the downtown area,...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Can this OPUS-Share observation be saved with TEQC editing?

Tom, I commend your interest in helping to improve the hybrid geoid model. I am glad you clarified that you understood the point you observed was not ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Engineering Surveying/Deformation Conference

FWIW, I neglected to note that the site page posted by Mr. Hamilton states the following:All papers presented at INGEO Conferences are in FIG Library ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Can this OPUS-Share observation be saved with TEQC editing?

As can be seen from the data sheet, the published elevation is by VERT ANG (vertical angle) in NGVD29 and transformed to NAVD88 via VERTCON. As such i...

9 years ago
Page 42 / 78